spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

sasuke9017

@rr.com

i need help big time with my connection

i have a motorola sbg6580 and i want to use it in my room aside withe an existing modem in my in-laws room.....I want to use it as my inetnet source other than the other modem across the way so i could use my own wireless setting than try and ask to keep the internet on for work. is there a way to keep my modem on the save cable lines??

NetFixer
Snarl For The Camera Please
Premium
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Reviews:
·Cingular Wireless
·Comcast Business..
·Vonage
·Comcast

said by sasuke9017 :

i have a motorola sbg6580 and i want to use it in my room aside withe an existing modem in my in-laws room.....I want to use it as my inetnet source other than the other modem across the way so i could use my own wireless setting than try and ask to keep the internet on for work. is there a way to keep my modem on the save cable lines??

If it is in the same residence with only a single address (not the other side of a duplex or another apartment in the same building), you can probably get your own TWC account that would be fed on the same drop. I think that most cable operators will only use a single drop for the same residential address, even with multiple accounts. If the "other modem across the way" is at a different address, then your own new account will probably get its own cable drop.

If you are looking to use your in-law's account with your own modem at the same time that their modem is active, it typically doesn't work that way for a residential account. TWC will not likely allow you to use two modems simultaneously on the same account. You might get away with it for a while (if TWC's automated modem activation process, or a CSR does not deactivate the first modem when the second is activated), but eventually one (or both) modems will probably get banned if TWC detects that both are in use at the same time.

FWIW, this site does have a »Time Warner Cable forum, and your question might be better asked in that forum. Members of this site who have experience with TWC, and possibly even TWC employees monitoring that forum could give you a definitive answer instead of a generic guess.
--
A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.