Premium
join:2010-07-16
Lachine, QC
kudos:3
Reviews:
·FreePhoneLine
reply to Nightfall

Re: FTL: Anyone try this?

The game is hard as you got to balance your exploration with fleeing. If you leave too soon, your ship wont have enough upgrades crew, and if you try to explore everything, the rebels catch up to you.

I find that getting a proper full crew and a crew teleporter can finish off a ship pretty easily. You just need to know how to time everything.

I've also unlocked the zolton ship, and find that it makes it much easier now.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
join:2001-11-26
Earth
kudos:19

I cheated and still lost.

How do you unlock the zolton ship?

banditws6
Shrinking Time and Distance
Premium
join:2001-08-18
Frisco, TX
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

said by Archivis:

I cheated and still lost.

How do you unlock the zolton ship?

You can get it from a random encounter in the Zolton Homeworlds system (details here). I didn't even realize the significance of the encounter until I got through it and was awarded a ship.

I haven't even tried flying the Zolton ship yet. I really should do that...the ol' Kestrel can't take much of a beating.
--
"The counsel of fools is all the more dangerous the more of them there are." -Ólafr Höskuldsson

ekster
Hi there
Premium
join:2010-07-16
Lachine, QC
kudos:3
Reviews:
·FreePhoneLine

One thing about the zolton ship... one of the unlocks for it is just plain crazy silly. Get to sector 5 without a single reactor upgrade.

I tried and tried and tried... and just gave up

banditws6
Shrinking Time and Distance
Premium
join:2001-08-18
Frisco, TX
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

said by ekster:

One thing about the zolton ship... one of the unlocks for it is just plain crazy silly. Get to sector 5 without a single reactor upgrade.

I tried and tried and tried... and just gave up

I did that once in the Kestrel without even trying. Got an achievement for it I think. Normally I upgrade, but I was on a serious good luck streak that game.

(Granted, it was on Easy.)
--
"The counsel of fools is all the more dangerous the more of them there are." -Ólafr Höskuldsson