Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

limegrass69
Here's my Posting tag

join:2008-05-28
reply to andrewc2

Re: Optimum line install

Is DirecTV for video, plus some sort of DSL for Internet an option? Might not be perfect, but I'd settle for that over paying Cablevision $3,000 to run some hard line down the street for me.

andrewc2

join:2011-06-05
Matamoras, PA
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
Unfortunately not, I guess they're too far from the CO to get DSL, so I've been trying to figure out how to get CV installed for them without the outrageous price..

I'll take a look about that DoITT hopefully new jersey has such a department, curious what was the gist of your complaint?

flatline_

join:2003-01-18
I more or less told them exactly what I was experiencing; that I was interested in obtaining Cable service, and that I resided in a CV area but there were no lines running through my yard. Told them that my neighbors a few doors down had service, and that the entire block above mine was also wired for service. Also told them that on many occasions I tried to have CV wire up my residence but I always received the run around. They took it from there.

andrewc2

Matamoras, PA
Thanks, sounds like a very similar situation, and doesn't hurt to give it a try..

Network Guy
Premium
join:2000-08-25
New York
kudos:2
Yah... I second hitting up DoITT for that.

»www.nyc.gov/html/doitt/html/home/home.shtml

andrewc2

Matamoras, PA
The only problem with that is it's outside of DoITT's jurisdiction, so I would have to find a New Jersey equivalent to it. I'm not seeing a direct equivalent but I imagine there's got to be some department that handles issues such as this.

Network Guy
Premium
New York
Quick google search brought me here:

»www.portal.state.pa.us/portal/se···tv/10060

andrewc2

Matamoras, PA
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
That is certainly helpful if I was having the issue :P I happily do have CV services, my friend in NJ has the issue.

Though both PA and NY seem to have far nicer websites...

I just sent a question to the Office of IT in NJ so we'll see if that goes anywhere.

Network Guy
Premium
New York
My head connected your DSLR profile location with the issue at hand. Damn IT guy brain

andrewc2

Matamoras, PA
Hah I figured that was the case! Anyway I appreciate the efforts, and my friend will greatly appreciate it if I'm able to get him CV internet and off stupid DishNet!

Bob4
Account deleted

join:2012-07-22
New Jersey
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
I already told you to contact the town. Did you do that yet?

Here's the State of New Jersey office - »www.state.nj.us/bpu/about/divisions/cable/
Expect them to tell you they have no control over these types of issues.

andrewc2

Matamoras, PA
It is not mine to contact the Township on their behalf so no I haven't contacted the township.

Gathering suggestions, and that is one I will pass along.