spacer

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

tpkatl

join:2009-11-16
Dacula, GA

A word about X1 in Atlanta

While it is true that X1 is available in the Atlanta market, to get it, you are *required* to have the triple play package (including phone).

They aren't even making it available to cable/internet (only) customers, which have to represent the lions share of customers down here.

So it's a bit of an overstatement to say that X1 is being "well received", because a lot of us who want it can't get it.

cybercrime

join:2011-11-23
Honey Brook, PA
here we go again with a company being greedy why only the triple play customers trying to pull more cash from customers

IowaCowboy
Iowa native
Premium
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon Broadban..
·Comcast
reply to tpkatl
I have the triple play but it is not available in this area yet. I just had the AnyRoom DVR installed a few weeks ago. I have the Triple Play premier.

I like having a home phone as I have an alarm system and I can call 911 without having to give dispatchers my location or having the call answered by the state police and having to get transferred to local dispatch. I also like not having calls drop after waiting an hour on hold to talk to an agent.

BosstonesOwn

join:2002-12-15
Wakefield, MA
reply to tpkatl
I want to know if its triple play only why charge for skype ? $10 a month is crazy for a free service.
--
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt......and then it's absolutely friggin' hysterical!"

kmand

join:2002-05-06
Decatur, GA
reply to tpkatl
It's worse than that. I'm in Atlanta and have Triple Play. But that's not enough. I have the "poor mans" $160 Preferrred HD XF Triple Play. You have to have the $210 Premier HD XF Triple Play to be eligible.

Not only that but as of a month ago, you also had to be a new customer to be eligible. Not sure if that is still required.