share rss forum feed

elitefx

join:2011-02-14
London, ON
kudos:2
reply to J E F F

Re: Rogers Killing Cable TV

said by J E F F:

My understanding is that internet is going up. ($3)

As is home phone.

Just got my standalone Rogers Express bill 30 minutes ago. No fee increase mentioned period, still $48.99

Our Rogers cable TV bill is under another family member's name and is a separate account from mine.

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..
It's goes up after your January 24th bill, so give it one month.

From the horses mouths themselves:

»www.rogers.com/web/content/support-terms

Now if you're on contract, they might not increase the rate. (although they might, and you have the right to leave w/o being punished)
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

elitefx

join:2011-02-14
London, ON
kudos:2

4 edits
said by J E F F:

It's goes up after your January 24th bill, so give it one month.

No contracts here and the notice with the Cable TV bill we also received an hour ago was for future bills AFTER Jan 24/2013

No fee increases for Express Internet indicated. My current due internet billing date: Jan 05 to Feb 04/2013

Bottom line: Glad my internet hasn't/isn't going up BUT WE NEED A NEW TV PROVIDER, PRONTO.

The television only gets used 4 hours a day at nite. Rogers has crossed the line here and it's time for a permanent change TV cable wise.

Any and all suggestions on my options in London are greatly appreciated.

J E F F
Premium
Kitchener, ON
I shouldn't suggest this, but, DirecTV?

Or Netflix and HuluPlus?

J E F F
Premium
Kitchener, ON
reply to elitefx

Rocc

@rogers.com
reply to elitefx
Ya go with high Definition antenna. Many companies installing these professionally. Around $700 (one time install) and that's it no monthly fees. Cable and Satellite suck so does fibe. High definition antenna compared to HD programing from sat or cable is like night and day.. antenna is true HD not compressed crap the big boys provide!

dabonz

join:2012-05-17
Ottawa, ON

4 edits
I think I'm going to cancel my movie networks nothing on there but garbage and plus I have netflix. I pay like $140 for cable TV so now I'm going to look @ my option my contract exp in July so we see who ever gives me a better deal. I see CRTC get there 1% cut so of coarse Rogers got kiss ass. Rogers and Bell have the monopoly CRTC should open up like other carriers from the states then you would see price drops Bell and Rogers are just has dirty ask a crooked politician

That"s my 2 cents worth on this

This is what I give rogers on a monthly bases> but this month be lower cuz I haven't went over my little pee-wee Data allowance of 250GB so rogers aint getting my $100 bucks for last month,but yes I'm going to cut down my TV for sure

rosenqui
Premium
join:2004-05-28
Kanata, ON
said by dabonz:

I pay like $140 for cable TV

Wow, $140/month just for cable TV!?

We've been gradually weaning ourselves from Bell & Rogers and cut the final cord (Bell satellite TV) last spring. Now we pay a total of just over $142/month plus tax for all of: 2 smartphone plans (Koodo deal in Nov/Dec), home phone (voip.ms), Internet (Acanac), and TV (antenna, Netflix, Hulu, and Vudu).

I posted some of the specifics on Adventures in Canadian cord cutting in case you're curious.

J E F F
Premium
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..
reply to Rocc
He's in London, he'd likely not get much in London.

I even thought about digital OTA, but because the way digital OTA works, you're not likely to get many channels if you're much more than 40 miles out. I think even with a 40 foot antenna, I'm only getting Toronto, Hamilton, Kitchener and that's it. Not even Buffalo. (just outside the line)

Back in the days of analog, you'd pull anything in with 100 miles with a relatively small roof-top antenna. My grandma lived in Guelph and pulled in everything, no need for cable. 29 Buffalo (Fox as it is known as now) was a bit fuzzy at times.
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

J E F F
Premium
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..
reply to dabonz
I thought I was paying too much:

scorpido
Premium
join:2009-11-02
New Hamburg, ON
reply to J E F F
said by J E F F:

I like their commercial.

»directv.vo.llnwd.net/e5/shorts/A···50N0.mp4

Thats is awesome, I'm totally sold.

J E F F
Premium
Kitchener, ON
reply to elitefx
Just had a thought, since this increase was announced January 2nd, your bill was likely already sorted. Keep us posted if you can.
--