share rss forum feed

bt

join:2009-02-26
canada
kudos:1
reply to RLBL

Re: Why Do you stay?

said by RLBL:

I am reading too many reports of slow speed during peak times on teksavvy...

So don't go with Teksavvy. They aren't the only cable alternative out there.

RLBL

join:2012-11-26
Gloucester, ON
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..

said by bt:

said by RLBL:

I am reading too many reports of slow speed during peak times on teksavvy...

So don't go with Teksavvy. They aren't the only cable alternative out there.

Nope true... but I have read too many negative reports on others (start, acanac, distributel etc...)

Anyways I was just offered a package/price that suits my needs so I am not looking to leave anymore. I called Friday and was told jack... today I called after seeing what NB gets and they gave me additional usage for free.

bt

canada

said by RLBL:

Nope true... but I have read too many negative reports on others (start, acanac, distributel etc...)

Start has nearly universally positive reviews to date...

RLBL

Gloucester, ON
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..

said by bt:

said by RLBL:

Start has nearly universally positive reviews to date...

No matter, I have an acceptable deal with Rogers.. funny I called last week (Thurs/Fri) and was told what I had was the best they could do. I called today and they gave me 80GB for nothing...

The Start package I would be interested in would give me 100GB allowance, the bandwidth is slightly less (would make no big difference) but the price is actually $5/month more + modem purchase. Not worth the switch... The lesser tier has a significant drop in speed.

bt

canada

1 edit

said by RLBL:

The Start package I would be interested in would give me 100GB allowance, the bandwidth is slightly less (would make no big difference) but the price is actually $5/month more + modem purchase. Not worth the switch... The lesser tier has a significant drop in speed.

Give it a week or two, their speeds will be changing to match the new Rogers speeds very shortly.

And don't forget the $3 price increase from Rogers ($2.25 after discount!), which makes the difference in monthly cost between them and Start $1.20. Though to be fair Start's pricing might change with the new speeds.

Rogers also has purchase or rental of the modem required.

RLBL

Gloucester, ON
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..

said by bt:

said by RLBL:

Give it a week or two, their speeds will be changing to match the new Rogers speeds very shortly.

Nice.... It does provide one with more choices if they are unhappy with their current provider.

abitbent

join:2004-04-23
Brantford, ON
Reviews:
·magicjack.com
·Start Communicat..
·Rogers Hi-Speed

Not sure if it was mentioned or not, but right now, Start doesn't have a way for cable users to check their usage, so they are not charging for overages on those packages.

Can't really bank on that being forever, but having unlimited on all the cable tiers right now is really nice.

RLBL

Gloucester, ON
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
reply to bt

said by bt:

And don't forget the $3 price increase from Rogers ($2.25 after discount!), which makes the difference in monthly cost between them and Start $1.20. Though to be fair Start's pricing might change with the new speeds.

Rogers also has purchase or rental of the modem required.

I see start has changed their "speeds".. they look nice... in fact at 1st glance they seem to be the same as Rogers.

For $50 on Start I can get 35/3 with 250GB cap (plus cost of modem) so say $53/month (3/month assuming modem lasts 3 years)

For $52/month on Rogers I get 200 GB cap (this includes the modem rental)

Start looks like a decent option; but not worth the switch (for me)...

Ree

join:2007-04-29
h0h0h0
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
reply to abitbent

said by abitbent:

Not sure if it was mentioned or not, but right now, Start doesn't have a way for cable users to check their usage, so they are not charging for overages on those packages.

Can't really bank on that being forever, but having unlimited on all the cable tiers right now is really nice.

Read in another thread the other day that they do send letters to abusers, and do have procedures for deterring them.