JJ_GTA
Premium Member
join:2009-04-01
Ontario

JJ_GTA to w1ve

Premium Member

to w1ve

Re: Anveo call quality and review?

I tried to open a flowroute account and they requested a copy of my passport. Thanks but no thanks, I'll stick with what I got.
w1ve
Premium Member
join:2007-12-28
Hancock, NH

w1ve

Premium Member

ouch! I didn't know flowroute was a country! Don't blame ya.
JJ_GTA
Premium Member
join:2009-04-01
Ontario

JJ_GTA

Premium Member

I can understand the carriers need to be careful with fraud, especially this kind of business. I know VoIP.ms will ask for address verification if you want to call certain countries.

In this case, I was just opening an account, didn't get very far at all. My credit card info or Paypal verification should be enough for standard North America transactions.

Trev
AcroVoice & DryVoIP Official Rep
Premium Member
join:2009-06-29
Victoria, BC

Trev

Premium Member

said by JJ_GTA:

In this case, I was just opening an account, didn't get very far at all. My credit card info or Paypal verification should be enough for standard North America transactions.

Neither of those are really that secure as both are routinely compromised and used without authorization. If the merchant isn't shipping something, they really have no good way to authenticate a customer based on those payment methods alone (unless Verified by Visa / MasterCard Secure Code are involved, which helps drastically).
PX Eliezer704
Premium Member
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River

PX Eliezer704 to JJ_GTA

Premium Member

to JJ_GTA
said by JJ_GTA:

I tried to open a flowroute account and they requested a copy of my passport. Thanks but no thanks, I'll stick with what I got.

I thought that Flowroute only took Amazon Payments or wire transfer ?