uniqs
share rss forum feed

Carpie

join:2012-10-19
united state
kudos:5
reply to Carpie

Re: Alchemy specs

Ah, ok thx. Feared it might give you different recipes based on which one you chose. That is the case with Engineering isn't it (another prof I've never maxed)?

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
Engineering has recipe that can be done only by that spec, I remember having to go for the rocket launcher because it was really good.

Alchemy on the other hand only gives you a chance to get an additional proc depending on your spec(Elixir/Flas, Transmute, Potions), I n my case I went with a potion spec since you make more stuff for cheap you can "feel" the spec giving you more procs per batch.
--
Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword.

Carpie

join:2012-10-19
united state
I'm guessing potions are going to be the most common to create at 90 also? I'm assuming flask are mostly raid geared for the quick 15 second stat boosts? And transmutes are primarily used just in those situations where someone needs a gem turned into another? (Granted this is 80% speculation on my part)

puppy

join:2010-01-28
I always went transmute because you can't chug potions in raids anymore, and flasks lasts very long time with the guild cauldron bonus (I assume it's still there).

Transmute procs happen very rare but when it's does, free money!

It's possible flask procs can be more profitable though, depending how many raids actually buy their own flasks. I think most guilds have an alchemist that farm/buy herbs and make them.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
I actually switched from Elixir to Potion spec it really easy to do but not cheap.

After trying both I like the proc from Potion a lot more.
--
Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword.

eve
Premium
join:2003-01-02
Alexandria, VA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to puppy
said by puppy:

I always went transmute because you can't chug potions in raids anymore, and flasks lasts very long time with the guild cauldron bonus (I assume it's still there).

Most medium - high pop servers can see flasks and potions be bought up quickly especially on Tues-Thurs nights which is when most guilds raid. If you're good, you're pre-potting. If you're progressing on a fight, you can go through stacks of pots after a few hours of attempts.

Guild cauldron bonus is gone. They removed it to discourage lazies in guilds from not worrying about bringing their own consumables (one of the few changes I approve of).

As for most profitable, probably flasks or potions. If the transmutes that don't have a time restriction sell well, then that's probably the way to go. I made most of my gold transmuting epics back in the end of Wrath.