share rss forum feed

RobThompson
Caution - Newbie Alert LinuxMint
Premium
join:2012-02-14
Lasalle, QC
Reviews:
·AcroVoice

Flashed ASUS RT-N66U with Toastman - Nexus 7 problem...

Hello:

I flashed my ASUS RT-N66U with Toastman tomato-K26USB-1.28.0501.2MIPSR2Toastman-RT-N-VLAN-VPN.trx.

All my PC's work fine (wired or wireless) but my wife's new Nexus 7 tablet does 'Obtaining IP addressing...' for a very long time and then displays: 'Avoiding poor Internet connection'.

The Nexus 7 says that the Signal Strength is Good, Line Speed is 65Mbps and the Security is WPA2 PSK.

The Toastman GUI says that Security is WAP2 Personal & encryption is AES.

Also, the 5 GHz network, "network 1", does not even appear as a choice on the Nexus 7 - maybe it is incapable of 5 GHz, I don't know.

Can anyone help me get the Nexus 7 working? If not, this version will survive the 'WAF', nor will I!

Thanks,

Rob.
--
Rob.
Blog: »googlevoiceforcanadians.com/

Jim_in_VA

join:2004-07-11
Cobbs Creek, VA
kudos:4

1 edit
On the Nexus go into settings: Wi-Fi> select the three dots on lower right> Advanced> uncheck "Avoid poor connections"
--
... need help? »evdo-tips.com/

RobThompson
Caution - Newbie Alert LinuxMint
Premium
join:2012-02-14
Lasalle, QC
Reviews:
·AcroVoice
Thanks Jim.

Ran out of time - my wife gets home at 5:00pm.

Re-installed Shibby, which I was using yesterday.

Maybe I try Toastman another day.

Thanks for the 'Avoid poor connections' tip.

Rob.
--
Rob.
Blog: »googlevoiceforcanadians.com/

BlueMist

join:2011-01-24
Cookeville, TN

1 edit
Sorry to hear you had problems with the Toastman build on your box.

You might want to try running a copy of the freeware program inSSIDer a try while you are running Shibby and see what channel and signal types your router is sending while on a laptop.

»www.metageek.net/support/downloa···Inssider

Possibly someone is stepping on the channel(s) you are using with their box. Then when you get a chance compare what inSSIDer gives you when you run the Toastman build. Might be a default wireless setting is different between the two builds which an inSSIDer scan might show.

One possible change might be the "N" band might be set to 20 rather than 40 MHz in width between the two builds and only the one device is complaining, in it's own way...

clarknova

join:2010-02-23
Grande Prairie, AB
kudos:7
reply to RobThompson
Nexus 7 is 2.4GHz wifi only
--
db