how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

bpoff17

join:2009-03-31

[Raiding] Progression Question

I'll keep it short and sweet here.

We're a newly formed guild (Hardcore Casual on Lightbringer). Last week we started our first official raiding and cleared everything in MV. We started in on HoF first boss after clearing MV, but it was late and raid time was called (~30% on both attempts).

From a gearing perspective, there's very few items folks need out of MV and the bigger amount of upgrades available come from HoF.

I'd like to steer the group towards a night 1 & 2 of HoF, working on progression there, then spend our night 3 blowing out MV for folks still needing the last few pieces of gear.

Is this idea feasible, or do I start with night 1 in MV, then move to HoF for night 2 & 3?

We ran into a few snags on execution with Elegon, but now that everyone is familiar with it, I don't anticipate it being too much of a struggle.

Any thoughts/feedback would be terrific.

Thanks in advance!

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
join:2009-05-14
kudos:1
Your idea is feasible, that is what we did for our first couple of weeks. We are actually extending our empress lock out this week to get started on ToES (finally)

bpoff17

I'm anxious to get in to HoF and see what this group can do. We hit no real DPS thresholds on MV, so hopefully that bodes well for HoF from an enrage timer standpoint. Execution issues is most likely the wall we will hit until we adjust and learn the encounters.

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
join:2009-05-14
kudos:1
If what you say is true, don't hold your breath.

bpoff17

I've only done HoF on LFR. I'm assuming the mechanics are a bit more challenging?

After reading them on Icy Veins, and watching videos, etc. they look to be fairly straight forward. Then again, seeing a video and seeing it live are different.

stonhinge
Premium
join:2003-07-28
Topeka, KS
reply to bpoff17
I'd start with HoF. Since you're having no issues with MV, you've got it on farm, and you're better off working on what will get you upgrades.

I always thought the lower ilvl of MV didn't makes a lot of sense. Especially since it's not required to clear before going into HoF.
--
When the ship lifts, all bills are paid. No regrets.

Eumaeus

join:2009-12-10
Yorktown, VA
reply to bpoff17
In my opinion once you can clear MSV you are already geared enough to do min 3/6 or 4/6 HoF. DPS needs to be solid for Garalon. Helps a lot if you can 1-tank Wind Lord in order to have the extra DPS.

Amber Shaper is a bit more of a pain since any single raid member can cause wipes if they miss interrupts. The debuff that worsens when you heal the person (with the debuff) is nasty, especially with many classes having random bouncing heals and Phase 3 absolutely requiring AoE healing. It's almost as if you just have to plan to battle rez someone that will likely die from that debuff in Phase 3.

We'll be just starting on Empress this week. I've heard over and over again that 3/4 ToES is super easy, but we haven't gotten in there just yet.
--
Eumaeus, Guardian/Balance Druid
GM - Lux ex Tenebris - Sargeras | Alliance
[6/6] MSV [5/6] HoF

bpoff17

reply to bpoff17
Thanks all for your feedback!

Since we've already got the raid set this week, we're going to go do MV tonight then focus on HoF on Thursday/Sunday. Next week I'm going to start with HoF on Tuesday/Thursday and do MV on Sunday. The logic is just there. Spend more time in a spot where better gear can be obtained and work through that. Visit MV on a Sunday for a quick trip for potential minor gear ups.