uniqs
biznatch11
join:2004-11-21
London, ON

biznatch11 to RLBL

to RLBL

Re: [Extreme] Extreme 30 down 10 up 500 Gigs Bandwidth $51.99

said by RLBL:

Are you sure? Rep told me it was a new promo only activated past couple of days... But yes anyone should be able to get it..

I got the same thing in December. Extreme with discount + 80 GB extra at no cost. It is also for 8 months but there's no 1 year contract. It's around $52/month but I haven't had a bill yet since I switched. During December they were offering an Express and Extreme version of this deal. In both cases you get discounted price + 80 extra GB. See this link:

»www.rogers.com/web/conte ··· guage=en

Scroll down to where it says "Need lots of data?". It's only showing the Express version but when I called I was told about the Extreme version so I went with that one. That deal expired December 31 but it would appear they continue to offer the same thing, just with a different name (ie. now it's not a holiday/Christmas sale).

Here's the original post on this site about it:

»Rogers XMas Whatever

RLBL
join:2012-11-26
Gloucester, ON

RLBL

I hope I am not confused about what he told me: He said the deal is good for 8 years, but will expire in a year unless I call (nothing new there)

Maybe the deal is (slightly) different than what was advertised in December.

I better call in 8 months to be on the safe side.
jonase
join:2010-12-15

jonase

As far as I understood, there is NO term (i.e. can cancel anytime), price is guaranteed for 8 years, modem rental included.

Beermage
@rogers.com

Beermage to biznatch11

Anon

to biznatch11
said by biznatch11:

said by RLBL:

Are you sure? Rep told me it was a new promo only activated past couple of days... But yes anyone should be able to get it..

I got the same thing in December. Extreme with discount + 80 GB extra at no cost. It is also for 8 months but there's no 1 year contract. It's around $52/month but I haven't had a bill yet since I switched. During December they were offering an Express and Extreme version of this deal. In both cases you get discounted price + 80 extra GB. See this link:

Scroll down to where it says "Need lots of data?". It's only showing the Express version but when I called I was told about the Extreme version so I went with that one. That deal expired December 31 but it would appear they continue to offer the same thing, just with a different name (ie. now it's not a holiday/Christmas sale).

»Rogers XMas Whatever

The December promotion you were offered is now expired.

The new Extreme with 80GB Usage Assurance promotion is $45/month. With this promotion you get 200GB per month and free modem rental for 8 years.

I was under the impression this was only for new customers.
yyzlhr
join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr to jonase

to jonase
said by jonase:

As far as I understood, there is NO term (i.e. can cancel anytime), price is guaranteed for 8 years, modem rental included.

Yep that does exist for both Express and Extreme tiers and it's nationwide. I believe its only for existing TV and/or home phone customers who don't have Rogers internet yet though.
TechChime
join:2012-11-17
Barrie, ON

TechChime to Beermage

to Beermage
I rather pay $60 even hell $100 even for 500gig cap but mainly for the 10 up and a bit more down would be nice.. I think it's a joke now that I'm on a $122 package and get 250gigs of bandwidth...

Anyway's, Hopefully this info on the main post will help you guys get some discounts. For me they just say sorry our dropdown box has no discounts for your service. Would you like to downgrade to a package with less Bandwidth and less upload speed

J E F F4
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium Member
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4 to yyzlhr

Premium Member

to yyzlhr
said by yyzlhr:

said by jonase:

Yep that does exist for both Express and Extreme tiers and it's nationwide. I believe its only for existing TV and/or home phone customers who don't have Rogers internet yet though.

So if you have internet with Rogers you have to go and screw yourself? Thanks, Rogers!
biznatch11
join:2004-11-21
London, ON

biznatch11 to RLBL

to RLBL
said by RLBL:

I hope I am not confused about what he told me: He said the deal is good for 8 years, but will expire in a year unless I call (nothing new there)

Are you sure he said years? Or maybe he said years but meant months. I can't imagine any ISP offering any kind of deal that lasts that long. Anyways, the speeds and caps on that deal will probably seem horribly slow and low in a lot less than 8 years.
biznatch11

biznatch11 to Beermage

to Beermage
said by Beermage :

said by biznatch11:

»Rogers XMas Whatever

The December promotion you were offered is now expired.

The new Extreme with 80GB Usage Assurance promotion is $45/month. With this promotion you get 200GB per month and free modem rental for 8 years.

I was under the impression this was only for new customers.

I know it's expired I said that in my original post. But the deal looks the exact same, $45.99, 200 GB, free modem rental. The only difference is the old deal was for 8 months while the new one is (apparently) for 8 years, but I am wondering if they meant 8 months. 8 years is a crazy long time for an ISP to offer something for. Has this 8 years been confirmed by more than once person, or is it in writing somewhere?
yyzlhr
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr

The new promo is definitely for 8 years and I believe it comes with 300 GB not 200. It's no contract, so if Rogers screws up you can bail out with no ECF.
mark_in_2k
join:2007-02-11
Kitchener, ON

mark_in_2k

I'm a new Rogers customers and just signed up for the 35mbps 200GB $45 / mnth promo.

It's been confirmed that it's 200GB and the price is good for 8 years, but there's no contract.

Installation for me is Jan 19th.

RLBL
Gloucester, ON

RLBL

said by mark_in_2k:

I'm a new Rogers customers and just signed up for the 35mbps 200GB $45 / mnth promo.

It's been confirmed that it's 200GB and the price is good for 8 years, but there's no contract.

Yes I was told: the price is good for 8 years, but you have to call every year to renew it.

elitefx
join:2011-02-14
London, ON

1 edit

elitefx

said by RLBL:

said by mark_in_2k:

Yes I was told: the price is good for 8 years, but you have to call every year to renew it.

Is any of this true? Has it been confirmed for Ontario? What is the upload speed? 35/what? Will it apply to current customers? Can I upgrade from my 25/2 and get this deal?

We all know Rogers CSRs aint got a clue about packages and pricing...........So let's get this verified and in the books for everyone to see......Thanks
yyzlhr
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr

said by elitefx:

said by RLBL:

said by mark_in_2k:

Is any of this true? Has it been confirmed for Ontario? What is the upload speed? 35/what? Will it apply to current customers? Can I upgrade from my 25/2 and get this deal?

We all know Rogers CSRs aint got a clue about packages and pricing...........So let's get this verified and in the books for everyone to see......Thanks

It's all true and it's available in the entire footprint, but existing customers don't qualify.

RLBL
Gloucester, ON

RLBL

said by yyzlhr:

It's all true and it's available in the entire footprint, but existing customers don't qualify.

I was an existing customer and I still got the deal when I called...
geokilla
join:2010-10-04
North York, ON

geokilla

8 years...? You mean 8 months right? If it's too good to be true, it probably is. With Rogers, if it's too good to be true, it never is.
yyzlhr
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr

said by geokilla:

8 years...? You mean 8 months right? If it's too good to be true, it probably is. With Rogers, if it's too good to be true, it never is.

It is 8 years, and if its not there's no contract so you can simply leave if Rogers doesn't live up to their end of the bargain.

habskilla
join:2005-09-19
Moncton, NB

habskilla

said by yyzlhr:

said by geokilla:

It is 8 years, and if its not there's no contract so you can simply leave if Rogers doesn't live up to their end of the bargain.

Not if you live in NB. In NB you have to pay ETF fees. There is no get out of jail free card.
yyzlhr
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr

said by habskilla:

said by yyzlhr:

said by geokilla:

Not if you live in NB. In NB you have to pay ETF fees. There is no get out of jail free card.

The promotion is nationwide, and it is offered specifically with a no ECF clause.
JAC70
join:2008-10-20
canada

JAC70

I have heard of this fixed pricing for 8 years promo, but the cynical part of me really doesn't believe Rogers will honor this.

As I understand it, price increases will still be charged then deducted as a credit on your bill. To me this suggests you'll have to call in each month to have the credit applied, since these things tend to disappear for no reason.
yyzlhr
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr

said by JAC70:

I have heard of this fixed pricing for 8 years promo, but the cynical part of me really doesn't believe Rogers will honor this.

As I understand it, price increases will still be charged then deducted as a credit on your bill. To me this suggests you'll have to call in each month to have the credit applied, since these things tend to disappear for no reason.

The internal docs for these promos specifically state that there is price protection included and that there is no action required by CSRs or customers to ensure the pricing stays the same for 8 years.