how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

CB57

@rcn.com

1 edit

[Equipment] ETA Hurricane Sandy Repairs - Northampton, PA

How far backed up is RCN with doing repairs due to Hurricane Sandy? I sent them the following message through the "contact us" on their website:

'When my cable was installed, they did not firmly anchor it to the side of the house, and it was only hanging on to the aluminum flashing on the window ledge, and now with the hurricane, the guy wire finally became completely unattached from the side of the house and the cable is laying in the yard, but is still connected to my computer, and works fine. It's not an emergency, but is there a charge to fix this? I'm not steady on a ladder. If the wind blows toward the sidewalk, it may strike a passerby, and I have to duck under it to get to the back yard."

and they sent a reply:

"Thank you for contacting RCN's email support team. This is an automated reply to confirm that we have received your "Contact Us" submission.

We value you as a customer and one of our qualified support representatives will respond to your email as soon as possible. If this is an urgent matter requiring attention in less than 2 business days, please contact us at 1-800-RING-RCN so that we may provide a timelier resolution.

Thank you for choosing RCN!

Please note that some telephone, billing or email service-related inquiries may not be supported through our email support team due to Customer Proprietary Network Information (CPNI) and other restrictions."

I didn't expect a reply in less than 2 days, but this is over 2 months, and I don't even have a time frame. It looks as though I'll be doing this myself. Granted it is probably a small matter, but I would think we could at least discuss it.

Safetyfirst

@rcn.com

Re: [Equipment] Timeline on Hurricane Sandy Repairs

Why don't u call and try to get a tech visit to fix the problem than sit and wait 2 months for a reply? You can hurt yourself climbing 10-18 feet off the ground handling wiring you likely have no experience mounting.

CB57

join:2013-01-14
Northampton, PA

1 edit

I felt it was more practical to write, rather than sit on hold for heaven knows how long. If they have not responded when I reported my problem in writing, I don't know that calling will be any better. I am concerned about climbing, as I am disabled, but I might try reaching out the window, but that is not easily because of things in the room. At least it works, even if it is laying in a tree.

It seems rather shameful, and I know why it happens, because I used to work at a communications company, and saw people's service cut off because of an employee who often sat in the employee area, watching TV, after he threw customer's checks in a drawer somewhere, instead of processing them. I doubt if customers ever realized what happened to their payments.

shadyman777
The Hero of Time
Premium
join:2009-03-02
Bath, PA

1 edit

said by CB57:

I felt it was more practical to write, rather than sit on hold for heaven knows how long. If they have not responded when I reported my problem in writing, I don't know that calling will be any better. I am concerned about climbing, as I am disabled, but I might try reaching out the window, but that is not easily because of things in the room. At least it works, even if it is laying in a tree.

It seems rather shameful, and I know why it happens, because I used to work at a communications company, and saw people's service cut off because of an employee who often sat in the employee area, watching TV, after he threw customer's checks in a drawer somewhere, instead of processing them. I doubt if customers ever realized what happened to their payments.

I've called in two or three times (for non emergency stuff) and the most I waited was 5 minutes. The call time is not like it was in November. Perhaps the e-mail was accidentally deleted by RCN? You'd be better suited to just call. Heck, call your local office and let them know. For me it's Ave. C, I'm not sure if it's the same for Northampton.

rcncares
Emilie
Premium,VIP
join:2012-01-04
Gainesville, VA

1 recommendation

reply to CB57

Re: [Equipment] ETA Hurricane Sandy Repairs - Northampton, PA

CB57 - The email responsibility rests with me and I sincerely apologize that your email was never responded to by a person. We at RCN had some issues caused by the hurricane as well and I can only think that somehow your email never made it into our inbox. Again, I am sorry for that.

That being said, I want to get this resolved for you and need the name on your account. Can you please either private message it to me through this forum or email me at helpme@rcn.net, with a subject of Attention Emilie?

Thanks so much and again, I am sorry for the non-responsiveness.

Emilie

rcncares
Emilie
Premium,VIP
Gainesville, VA
reply to CB57

Re: [Equipment] Timeline on Hurricane Sandy Repairs

CB57 - I am told we corrected this today. Can you please let me know if the job was completed to your satisfaction?

Thanks so much
Emilie

CB57

join:2013-01-14
Northampton, PA

1 recommendation

Emilie
I just got home for today and I saw that it has been taken care of. It looks to be in proper order, and it was taken care of as fast as possible. Thank you very much for your very prompt and very courteous service, and thank the technician for me for a job well done. RCN is fortunate to have you for an employee.
Thomas

rcncares
Emilie
Premium,VIP
Gainesville, VA

Very nice of you to say. Thanks. Emilie