share rss forum feed

RR Conductor
NWP RR Inc.,serving NW CA
Premium
join:2002-04-02
Redwood Valley, CA
kudos:1

While vast areas of their network remain EDGE and GPRS

T-Mobile, I think you have a problem. Not to mention losing over a million post paid customers last year, oops.
--

patt2k

join:2009-01-16
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
said by RR Conductor:

T-Mobile, I think you have a problem. Not to mention losing over a million post paid customers last year, oops.

While I am not with T mobile , it's great that they are making progress. Good for them! and for people who live in cities like me in NYC , T Mobile for many of my friends seems good.

Premium
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness
reply to RR Conductor
While 1/3 of country can't even get ANY kind of T-Mobile service. That's why I find T-Mobile's "nationwide" claims amusing.

Cobra11M

join:2010-12-23
Mineral Wells, TX
reply to RR Conductor
said by RR Conductor:

id give them time, they've been working on a lot.. heck look at what all they are doin, Merger, reframing, and LTE launch that's all quiet a bit of work. I personally can't wait to go to them in a few weeks from now!, Ive already unlocked my iphone and been checking coverage with a sim from them.. and coverage is surprisingly better than AT&T's here in town sometimes.. Now if only I knew if it was edge still or 3g for my iphone....

tcope
Premium
join:2003-05-07
Sandy, UT
kudos:2
reply to RR Conductor
What you failed to mention is that they _gained_ as many pre-paid customers as the lost in post paid. Oops.

They are also switching gears, probably based on this. No more subsidizing expenses phones and instead offering reduced monthly fees (as they are doing now). So if a person wants to bring their own phone or buy a reasonably prices Nexus or the like, they can enjoy a lower monthly fee then other carriers charge.

iansltx

join:2007-02-19
Austin, TX
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·Verizon Online DSL
reply to 88615298
The east coast gets it. The west coast gets it. Medium sized and larger cities in the central US get it. So they are technically nationwide.

That said, they're somewhere between Sprint and CricKet/MetroPCS in terms of just how nationwide they actually are. There's a reason that I don't have a T-Mobile phone, and it's not because they're bad where I spend 80% of my time...it's because the other 20% is crucial.

ArrayList
netbus developer
Premium
join:2005-03-19
Brighton, MA
reply to 88615298
if you haven't noticed, the US is freaking huge. Only one carrier has coverage "nationwide" and that would be Verizon. Get over yourself. T-Mobile is good enough for quite a few people.

chip89
Premium
join:2012-07-05
Independence, OH
reply to 88615298
Me to their coverage sucks everywhere and they just run off old sprint from sprint changed to CDMA from GSM.

djdanska
Rudie32
Premium,MVM
join:2001-04-21
San Diego, CA
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
reply to 88615298
said by 88615298:

While 1/3 of country can't even get ANY kind of T-Mobile service. That's why I find T-Mobile's "nationwide" claims amusing.

Yes, we know you can't get them. You've made that point before.
--
The day the child realizes that all adults are imperfect, he becomes an adolescent; the day he forgives them, he becomes an adult. The day he forgives himself, he becomes wise.
Alden Nowlan

tshirt
Premium,MVM
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to 88615298
said by 88615298:

It's called roaming, and every provider relies on it to provide some service somewhere. However due to the cost they don't offer 'native' service in areas where the only roam.

djdanska
Rudie32
Premium,MVM
San Diego, CA
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
said by tshirt:

said by 88615298:

It's called roaming, and every provider relies on it to provide some service somewhere. However due to the cost they don't offer 'native' service in areas where the only roam.

Not to mention they actually have service in tons of areas but don't actually sell service in.
--
The day the child realizes that all adults are imperfect, he becomes an adolescent; the day he forgives them, he becomes an adult. The day he forgives himself, he becomes wise.
Alden Nowlan

Premium
West Tenness
reply to tshirt
said by tshirt:

said by 88615298:

Oh you can get 4G roaming? Um no. Not even 3G roaming. In fact when my nephew came to visit me he couldn't get ANY roaming. He couldn't even call or text anyone. So much for his "unlimited" everything.

Premium
West Tenness
reply to ArrayList
said by ArrayList:

if you haven't noticed, the US is freaking huge. Only one carrier has coverage "nationwide" and that would be Verizon. Get over yourself. T-Mobile is good enough for quite a few people.

if one company can do it ALL can do it.
Expand your moderator at work

djdanska
Rudie32
Premium,MVM
San Diego, CA
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
reply to 88615298

Re: While vast areas of their network remain EDGE and GPRS

said by 88615298:

said by ArrayList:

if one company can do it ALL can do it.

And i choose to pick the company that DOESN'T do it, and i get charged accordingly. If i wanted 4g LTE in "the dust bowl states" as the t-mobile ceo talked about with verizon, i would have been with them. I'm not. I don't understand why complete strangers bitch about the choice of other strangers phone companies. Kinda a waste of time.
--
Alden Nowlan

join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON
reply to 88615298
said by 88615298:

Oh you can get 4G roaming? Um no. Not even 3G roaming. In fact when my nephew came to visit me he couldn't get ANY roaming. He couldn't even call or text anyone. So much for his "unlimited" everything.

I'd rather have unlimited most places I go instead of coverage almost everywhere but barely be able to use the service without costing an arm and a leg and another arm.

tshirt
Premium,MVM
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to 88615298
AT&T go phones are the same, Prepaid may have coverage in a given area, but pay as you go phones won't connect/roam on higher priced networks so their coverage is far less than contract phones. and in some areas no "partner" exists, so roaming doesn't happen.
No agreement = no roaming
"Unlimited" will ALWAYS be constrained by cost, location, and items within the providers control, it does not mean NO physical or artificial barriers.

RARPSL

join:1999-12-08
Suffern, NY
reply to Cobra11M
said by Cobra11M:

Ive already unlocked my iphone and been checking coverage with a sim from them.. and coverage is surprisingly better than AT&T's here in town sometimes.. Now if only I knew if it was edge still or 3g for my iphone....

It is almost certainly EDGE since 3G requires 1900Mhz refarming (since Apple did not include the 1700Mhz needed to get the original T-Mobile 3G support). If you are getting 3G there should be a 3G indicator on the display.