My Goal Is To Deny Yours
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviews:
·ooma
·Comcast
·Callcentric

Took a break, but still no interest in returning.

I stepped away from the game back in December on a much needed hiatus. I switched over to Battlefield 3 and other games I bought during the Steam Holiday sale. I thought I would be back playing after the holidays. Well, those came and went with no desire to play. Here I am in the middle of the month and I am still not interested in returning.

Guess I am just going to wait it out. My annual pass is up in March and I am already paid up through February anyway. Guess I am just going to hang tight and hope the desire to play returns.

I have already went on a couple hiatuses, so I am hoping this is only temporary.

I know many others have had thoughts like this in the past. Just thought I would relate my story.
--
My domain - Nightfall.net

Ghastlyone
Premium
join:2009-01-07
Las Vegas, NV
kudos:5

2 recommendations

It's pretty normal now days man, it's because this game is dieing.

I AM
Premium
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA
kudos:4
reply to Nightfall
»Is wow dieing?

Come join the awesome conversation.

Skittles
Premium
join:2011-03-31
reply to Ghastlyone
said by Ghastlyone:

It's pretty normal now days man, it's because this game is dying.

/fixed.

Vinceruos_t

join:2012-05-04
reply to Nightfall
Yea WoW is dead. I dont see anyone playing this evar again. Everyone left WoW for GW2's awesome endgame.

Skittles
Premium
join:2011-03-31
said by Vinceruos_t:

Everyone left WoW for GW2's awesome endgame.

...and so it begins....

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
reply to Vinceruos_t
Show me on the doll where the bad GW2 touched you.

Ok... maybe don't.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
reply to Vinceruos_t
said by Vinceruos_t:

Yea WoW is dead. I dont see anyone playing this evar again. Everyone left WoW for GW2's awesome endgame.

WoW is so untouchable right now that Blizz is taking features OUT and people still aren't leaving! That's right folks. Just to proclaim dominance over every other MMO in existence, Ghostcrawler has decided to start axing features popular with the community, just to prove how addictive his game is. He also knows you're going to re-up for another year to get SC2.2 for free, aren't you?

He's swinging his delete-axe first at the ilevel upgrade feature that was recently introduced in the game amid favorable reception. Expect it to disappear when 5.2 drops.

But sensing how some features are unpopular and people would gladly see them go, he promised to "become the Lich King" and "sit on the Frozen Throne himself" before Cross-Realm Zones (CRZ) disappear, and speculated about extending them to the Continent of Panderia. "Who doesn't want a little Goldshire action?" he speculated. "Time to mix it up with some furries!"
--
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico
They have the release date of SC HotS for mid march exactly when my annual pass expires.
--
Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword.

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA
said by Jobbie:

They have the release date of SC HotS for mid march exactly when my annual pass expires.

Man they is good. They did that in Korea and it worked awesome. Annual pass you get Sc2 Free. Annual pass you get D3 free! They is smart.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico
I am buying the expansion directly on the site, no more annual passes for me.
--

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA
But the expansion is 60 dollars. If you just pay another 60 dollars you can have WoW for another year!

TheThing

join:2012-08-10
kudos:1
reply to Nightfall
too bad everything innovative about blizzard died with Vanilla WoW, Diablo 2, Warcraft 2, and the original SC

Notice a trend? Initial products are great for the most part, after that it's all down hill

with that being said Titan will have to be awesome then since it will be "new"

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
said by TheThing:

It could be as awesome as SWTOR
--
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

TheThing

guts, luck and brains

making WoW was gutsy after games like EQ, and MMOs are a dangerous investment

WoW was lucky to come out when it did and grab people the way it did

and the brains behind the game were great

is Titan going to have guts, luck and brains?

as Titan goes, Blizzard goes... if Titan fails you can say good bye to Blizzard... keeping in mind that part of Titan's success will be luck

TheThing

reply to Nightfall
there was nothing gutsy about making Diablo 3 or SC2, same old same old or worse

that is why you fail...

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium
join:2000-08-05
Mentor, OH
reply to TheThing
said by TheThing:

guts, luck and brains

making WoW was gutsy after games like EQ, and MMOs are a dangerous investment

WoW was lucky to come out when it did and grab people the way it did

and the brains behind the game were great

is Titan going to have guts, luck and brains?

as Titan goes, Blizzard goes... if Titan fails you can say good bye to Blizzard... keeping in mind that part of Titan's success will be luck

If Titan is another grind fest, quest fest, end of game bullshit, daily rep quest fest, then blizzard can stick it up their asses and twist on it.

My kids have been showing my Team Fortress 2. How you can play for credits or buy keys. Then turn said credits or keys in to get upgrades or unlock neato weapons. No grinding bullshit required. *Or so my kids think, but don't realize they are grinding for credits to buy stuff with.
--
Is a person a failure for doing nothing? Or is he a failure for trying, and not succeeding at what he is attempting to do? What did you fail at today?.

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviews:
·ooma
·Comcast
·Callcentric
reply to I AM
said by I AM:

»Is wow dieing?

No thanks, I am just going to take my time that I invested in WoW and put it into Skyrim, Far Cry 3, Dishonored, and Battlefield 3.
--
My domain - Nightfall.net

puppy

join:2010-01-28
reply to I AM
said by I AM:

But the expansion is 60 dollars. If you just pay another 60 dollars you can have WoW for another year!

This was my logic for the annual pass to get D3. Now I'm not playing either D3 or Panda

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA
reply to Krisnatharok
said by Krisnatharok:

said by TheThing:

It could be as awesome as SWTOR

Great response!

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA
reply to TheThing
said by TheThing:

For years they kept saying a MMOFPS. Now they are coming late to the party.

Though a SC lore MMOFPS would make us all atleast amped up.

Ghastlyone
Premium
join:2009-01-07
Las Vegas, NV
reply to Nightfall
said by Nightfall:

said by I AM:

»Is wow dieing?

No thanks, I am just going to take my time that I invested in WoW and put it into Skyrim, Far Cry 3, Dishonored, and Battlefield 3.

Dishonored is so bad ass.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
reply to I AM
said by I AM:

Though a SC lore MMOFPS would make us all atleast amped up.

Firefall is already there, and will be F2p as well.
--

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico
reply to I AM
said by I AM:

Not this time....
--

TheThing

reply to Nightfall
I think it's safe to say that 99% of ex and current WoWers will purchase Titan, and at a minimum give it a shot. I will

that's a lot of moola made right off the bat for a game that may not be worthy of a WoW follow-up even

wether or not titan has retaining power is another thing altogether

but at that point it will have been D3 all over again

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico
said by TheThing:

that's a lot of moola made right off the bat for a game that may not even exist.

FIFY
--

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico
reply to Krisnatharok
"Even Ethereals need a vacation, and the item upgraders (Voidbinders), are no exception. Theyre saying they need to go home to take care of business arrangements, but … Im not convinced. I think theyre just homesick for their ‘space mummy families.

Ok ok, fourth wall broken, were actually just temporarily removing them from the game for 5.2 due to the new raid tier. The idea with the item upgrade system is that its a way to spend currency on upgrading items when buying new items isnt the clear path. Either youve bought everything, or at least most of them, and then spend currency to get that extra *oomph*. With a new raid tier coming, we dont want to create a trap where people are wondering whats more lucrative: spend currency on new items, or on the new gear appearing on vendors? (Hint: Its the new gear on vendors.) To help ensure were not indirectly encouraging anyone to spend their currency somewhere they probably shouldnt, the item upgraders will be taking a break.

Right now were planning for them to return in 5.3, which will not have a raid tier, and offer upgrades again as people will have likely have some currency to burn. Were not sure yet if well continue this cycle of having them take a break for raid patches and then come back in non-raid patches, but well continue evaluating as we go, absorb feedback, and let you know how these plans evolve."

From Bashiok get your upgrades while you can.

»us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic···242035#1
--

TheThing

reply to Jobbie
said by Jobbie:

said by TheThing:

that's a lot of moola made right off the bat for a game that may not even exist.

FIFY

come to find out that the entire World of Warcraft saga actually occured under the fingernail of a character in Titan

that's the tie-in!

stonhinge
Premium
join:2003-07-28
Topeka, KS
reply to Jobbie
Makes sense to remove them for new raid tiers. It's probably easier than restricting them to only the old tiers. Extra VP will cascade to JP if you cap, and with the most likely addition new VP gear, you're not going to be worrying about capping right away. Then bring them back for 5.3, giving the "hardcore" a chance to clear it all before giving everyone else a bit of a boost with the ability to upgrade gear with points.

They could leave in JP upgrades, but people will complain either way, I guess.
--
When the ship lifts, all bills are paid. No regrets.

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA
reply to TheThing
Titan will be...World of Blizzard. They will tie all their games into one for a bundle! LOL.