uniqs
share rss forum feed

I AM
Premium
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA
kudos:4
reply to TheThing

Re: Took a break, but still no interest in returning.

said by TheThing:

as Titan goes, Blizzard goes... if Titan fails you can say good bye to Blizzard... keeping in mind that part of Titan's success will be luck

For years they kept saying a MMOFPS. Now they are coming late to the party.

Though a SC lore MMOFPS would make us all atleast amped up.

Ghastlyone
Premium
join:2009-01-07
Las Vegas, NV
kudos:5
reply to Nightfall
said by Nightfall:

said by I AM:

»Is wow dieing?

Come join the awesome conversation.

No thanks, I am just going to take my time that I invested in WoW and put it into Skyrim, Far Cry 3, Dishonored, and Battlefield 3.

Dishonored is so bad ass.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
reply to I AM
said by I AM:

Though a SC lore MMOFPS would make us all atleast amped up.

Firefall is already there, and will be F2p as well.
--
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
reply to I AM
said by I AM:

But the expansion is 60 dollars. If you just pay another 60 dollars you can have WoW for another year!

Not this time....
--
Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword.

TheThing

join:2012-08-10
kudos:1
reply to Nightfall
I think it's safe to say that 99% of ex and current WoWers will purchase Titan, and at a minimum give it a shot. I will

that's a lot of moola made right off the bat for a game that may not be worthy of a WoW follow-up even

wether or not titan has retaining power is another thing altogether

but at that point it will have been D3 all over again

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico
said by TheThing:

that's a lot of moola made right off the bat for a game that may not even exist.

FIFY
--

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico
reply to Krisnatharok
"Even Ethereals need a vacation, and the item upgraders (Voidbinders), are no exception. Theyre saying they need to go home to take care of business arrangements, but … Im not convinced. I think theyre just homesick for their ‘space mummy families.

Ok ok, fourth wall broken, were actually just temporarily removing them from the game for 5.2 due to the new raid tier. The idea with the item upgrade system is that its a way to spend currency on upgrading items when buying new items isnt the clear path. Either youve bought everything, or at least most of them, and then spend currency to get that extra *oomph*. With a new raid tier coming, we dont want to create a trap where people are wondering whats more lucrative: spend currency on new items, or on the new gear appearing on vendors? (Hint: Its the new gear on vendors.) To help ensure were not indirectly encouraging anyone to spend their currency somewhere they probably shouldnt, the item upgraders will be taking a break.

Right now were planning for them to return in 5.3, which will not have a raid tier, and offer upgrades again as people will have likely have some currency to burn. Were not sure yet if well continue this cycle of having them take a break for raid patches and then come back in non-raid patches, but well continue evaluating as we go, absorb feedback, and let you know how these plans evolve."

From Bashiok get your upgrades while you can.

»us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic ··· 242035#1
--

TheThing

reply to Jobbie
said by Jobbie:

said by TheThing:

that's a lot of moola made right off the bat for a game that may not even exist.

FIFY

come to find out that the entire World of Warcraft saga actually occured under the fingernail of a character in Titan

that's the tie-in!

stonhinge
Premium
join:2003-07-28
Topeka, KS
reply to Jobbie
Makes sense to remove them for new raid tiers. It's probably easier than restricting them to only the old tiers. Extra VP will cascade to JP if you cap, and with the most likely addition new VP gear, you're not going to be worrying about capping right away. Then bring them back for 5.3, giving the "hardcore" a chance to clear it all before giving everyone else a bit of a boost with the ability to upgrade gear with points.

They could leave in JP upgrades, but people will complain either way, I guess.
--
When the ship lifts, all bills are paid. No regrets.

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA
reply to TheThing
Titan will be...World of Blizzard. They will tie all their games into one for a bundle! LOL.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
reply to TheThing
said by TheThing:

come to find out that the entire World of Warcraft saga actually occured under the fingernail of a character in Titan

that's the tie-in!

Then Arthas woke up.
--
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Tweakbl

join:2008-09-25
Rosedale, WV
reply to Krisnatharok
I read about the 5.2 promise of taking out the NPC that lets you upgrade ilvl on items about 458. Sad excuse for Gating content. When they could make it so new items in 5.2 are not available to upgrade as of release date.

RockCake
Premium
join:2005-07-12
Woodbridge, VA
reply to Nightfall
My annual pass ran out in November, last time I played was sometime in October and I haven't returned since.
I have no interest in pet battles or pandas. The monks look interesting, but I really don't want to grind from level 1 again.
I still like WoW, but with F2P seemingly the norm now, I just can't go back to monthly fees.

Vinceruos_t

join:2012-05-04
Cool story bro...

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
said by Vinceruos_t:

Cool story bro...

World's Worst WoW Troll. At least I told a cool story.

Ghastlyone
Premium
join:2009-01-07
Las Vegas, NV
said by Krisnatharok:

said by Vinceruos_t:

Cool story bro...

World's Worst WoW Troll. At least I told a cool story.

I don't know. DA77 held the title for awhile. Vincerous_t would probably give him a run for his money.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico
I don't know man DA77's trolling flowed naturally like a true Archivis' padawan.

Vince looks forced as hell, needs more work on his style.
--

Phantasee

join:2009-08-27
Hammond, LA
reply to Krisnatharok
said by Krisnatharok:

said by TheThing:

with that being said Titan will have to be awesome then since it will be "new"

It could be as awesome as SWTOR

Lol. 10/10

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA
reply to Ghastlyone
DA77 was and will always be the greatest. Vince is small time.

Phantasee

join:2009-08-27
Hammond, LA

1 recommendation

said by I AM:

Agreed. I think that's because DA77 was actually retarded. Others are just posing as potatoes.

TheThing

reply to I AM
Vin is a lazy troll

everything is half-assed

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA
reply to Phantasee
said by Phantasee:

said by I AM:

Agreed. I think that's because DA77 was actually retarded. Others are just posing as potatoes.

I think he wasn't actually trolling at all.

TheThing

reply to Nightfall
said by Nightfall:

I know many others have had thoughts like this in the past. Just thought I would relate my story.

"Now your just some video game that I used to know!"

WoW is diEing

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA
What do we do if WoW dyes?

Ginjer
Premium
join:2009-08-14
Honolulu, HI
said by I AM:

What do we do if WoW dyes?

Well, I am pretty sure they have already started introducing dyes? Didn't they start that back in Vanilla with crafting professions?
--
90 Pogasim (Pandaren Monk) M/G Horde!

Cptbeatstix

join:2011-12-21
Carrollton, TX
They might as well since you can do it in D3.