spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

bonnetdouche

join:2013-01-14

usg 100 firewall VPN between offices

Hi, I'm new to this forum but I am stuck with an issue I have come up against...hope someone can help!

there are 3 offices, office A, office B and office C and each have a Zywall usg 100 firewall

There is a VPN "site to site" between office A and B, and between office B and C.
A user in office A wants to access a device on site C but cannot ping any device in office C. The user can ping and access everything OK which is in office B.

Apart from creating a VPN between office A and C, is there any way for the user in office A to be able to access devices in Office C?
Any help on what to look out for I would appreciate it.

Brano
I hate Vogons
Premium,MVM
join:2002-06-25
Burlington, ON
kudos:10

Yes there is a way to do what you want, but creating the missing tunnel between A and C is much simpler to setup, will have faster throughput and will be more robust in case connection from A to B or B to C is lost.

bonnetdouche

join:2013-01-14

Thanks for your reply.
I thought it might be a better idea to create a VPN from A to C

For my own reference, how is it set up without creating the VPN from A to C? I tried the VPN concentrator but couldn't get it to work

Brano
I hate Vogons
Premium,MVM
join:2002-06-25
Burlington, ON
kudos:10

User manual page 75
»ftp://ftp.zyxel.com/ZYWALL_USG_100/use···_Ed1.pdf

windphantom

join:2013-01-31
reply to bonnetdouche

Apart from the VPN concentrator, you also need to config Policy Route for Office A and C. The user manual did mention it.