Sunnyvale, CA
kudos:10
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET

1 recommendation

reply to lonnyb

Re: My first EARTHQUAKE!

said by lonnyb:

Could it be that ancient lobster out there in Booth Bay?

Would that be this one ?
--
Got some spare cpu cycles ? Join Team Helix or Team Starfire!

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle
kudos:5
reply to Dominokat

I recall, back in Silicon Valley, I was working in the optics lab one afternoon when a fairly large one hit, my first "large" one. I headed for the door, fast, and my coworkers saw my reaction and busted my chops for weeks after that. It was like BAM BA-Bam -Ba-Bam Bam, Sway Sway-Sway Sway Sway-Sway. It felt like someone was giving me a foot first pile driver or something, it kinda hurts. What was so bad is the work we did was incredibly delicate. A single lens element could cost in the 10's of thousands each, and it was very soft glass, it was more delicate than working on a Swiss watch (actually, much more delicate), so earthquakes that happen at the wrong time mean a lot of money lost unless you had lightning reflexes.

I have the tremors now, so I can no longer do that work, and boy do I miss it. But I DON'T miss the earthquakes.
--
Join Teams Helix and Discovery. Rest in Peace, Leonard David Smith, my best friend, you are missed badly! Rest in peace, Pop, glad our last years were good. Please pray for Colin, he has ependymoma, a brain cancer, donate to a children's Hospital.