share rss forum feed

Inssomniak
The Glitch
Premium
join:2005-04-06
Cayuga, ON
kudos:2

1 edit

[Tech Ops] 2.4ghz and Industrial Solar field?

Just thought Id ask here.

They are just finishing the construction of a 20MW solar field here, and are starting to juice up the inverters, not all the time but just for testing. A customer says their internet hasn't been right since, and his link is right over the field. Any correlation to industrial power inverters and 2.4ghz or just coincidence?

His house is JUST off to the top left of the image in this link, and the solar field is one full concession big, the inverters are located just off the picture there bottom right.

»www.brantfordexpositor.ca/2012/0···es-shape
--
OptionsDSL Wireless Internet
»www.optionsdsl.ca

treichhart

join:2006-12-12
can you say holy sh*t talking about major solar setup...

Inssomniak
The Glitch
Premium
Cayuga, ON
Heh thats nothing you should see what they are doing with industrial wind turbines here,.

cough*163*cough
--
»www.optionsdsl.ca

treichhart

join:2006-12-12
reply to Inssomniak
Oh I seen major wind turbine farm down here in ohio about hour from me in Van Wert County that thing expands from Van Wert to Paulding Ohio.

»www.iberdrolarenewables.us/bluecreek.html

Inssomniak
The Glitch
Premium
Cayuga, ON
Its crazy around here, there is going to be more green power generation by wind and solar in this county that can even be consumed by homes and businesses where its built.
--
»www.optionsdsl.ca

bburley

join:2010-04-30
Cold Lake, AB
reply to Inssomniak
Have you done any spectrum scans? I wonder if they will be using SCADA systems for monitoring.

Another possibility is strange multipath from all of those metallic "objects".

Inssomniak
The Glitch
Premium
Cayuga, ON
said by bburley:

Have you done any spectrum scans? I wonder if they will be using SCADA systems for monitoring.

Another possibility is strange multipath from all of those metallic "objects".

They installed what appears to be a licensed link for monitoring.

We are gonna go do an SA to see, just was wondering if anyone else seen anything.

All the panels to point at him, he faces north, while all the panels are angled south facing him.
--
»www.optionsdsl.ca

LLigetfa

join:2006-05-15
Fort Frances, ON
kudos:1
Panels are probably reflecting cosmic radiation. Tell them to get some tinfoil hats.

lutful
... of ideas
Premium
join:2005-06-16
Ottawa, ON
kudos:1
reply to Inssomniak
said by Inssomniak:

Any correlation to industrial power inverters and 2.4ghz or just coincidence?

If you actually see 2.4Ghz emissions on analyzer, most probably there are multiple telemetry devices around the field which feeds the main cellular link.

I did some tests across the Galetta solar field near Ottawa at 900Mhz and 2.4Ghz in 2010 spring and summer. No problems at all but I was not sure if the field was being actively monitored at that time.

Approved grid-tie inverters are tested for FCC/IC compliance and because of internal design, their emissions drop off very sharply beyond a few hundred kHz. At Mhz frequencies, it will be buried in ambient noise from AM/FM transmitters.