uniqs
squashpile
join:2001-06-13
Birmingham, AL

3 edits

squashpile to ArizonaSteve

to ArizonaSteve

Re: T-Mobile + G Nexus FTW

Order the SIM card from T-Mobile and just signup.. no telling how many Nexus phones T-Mobile has put on this plan in the last year.

My monthly bill is actually around $28/month. Get time via Callingmart.com with 5% off and it is always under $30 a month. I have two phones on this plan and it is hard to beat for under $60/month. I don't do much calling though, but it is still only .10 min over. It is still a better deal than most even if you go over. I laugh when I hear about contracts and friends $100+ bills. Freaking no brainer

Just re-upped the wife's phone just now. Not bad

29.70 USD
'ca3p-1207' coupon (3.0% off)* -0.89 USD

Total
28.81 USD

»forum.xda-developers.com ··· =2001290

Web only
»prepaid-phones.t-mobile. ··· 4g-plans
ArizonaSteve
join:2004-01-31
Apache Junction, AZ

ArizonaSteve

So T-Mo is selling it directly now, not just through Walmart? The options on their website seems to change almost daily but the packages are still marked $50 in their stores, at least it was last time I checked. It looks like you still have to buy it as part of a package though since there's no way to buy just the data plan by itself. Like it says at the top of the page, 1. Buy Your Phone, 2. Ship Your Phone, 3. Activate and Pick Your Plan. There's no way to get just the plan so what did you do, buy a cheap phone from them and use the SIM in your Nexus you got from the Google Play store?
squashpile
Birmingham, AL

squashpile

No.. I ordered two phones from Play Store. Ordered two SIM cards from T-Mobile and activated the plan online. It is no mystery or anything new. This plan is not new at all. Just check XDA or Google $30 Tmobile plan
ArizonaSteve
join:2004-01-31
Apache Junction, AZ

ArizonaSteve to squashpile

to squashpile
>My monthly bill is actually around $28/month. Get time via Callingmart.com with 5% off and it is always under $30 a month.

Wait, you got a plan that's not available by itself, using it on a different kind of phone and it's even cheaper than advertised?
This is getting more and more unbelievable all the time! If that calling mart thing works it's a lot of trouble just to save 30 cents.
BTW, Do you know that if you miss a payment they can switch you back from the unlimited plan to the 30 MB plan? I know someone that it happened to!
squashpile
Birmingham, AL

squashpile

Dude.. what are you talking about? Just click the link on XDA or maybe read. Nothing to see here. This is all legit.
You are wrong about the payment too.

»lmgtfy.com/?q=T-Mobile+% ··· xy+Nexus

a333
A hot cup of integrals please
join:2007-06-12
Rego Park, NY

a333 to ArizonaSteve

to ArizonaSteve
Ehhh... no. The $30 plan is available straight off the bat assuming you ACTIVATE a brand-new SIM card on T-mobile (online/over the phone.) I have activated 3 prepaid SIM cards on T-mo's activation site so far (myself + my parents, and each time, I have seen the $30/5 GB plan option on the list of available plans to activate. The only catch is that the plan is a promotional plan (you can only pick it at activation... you cannot just activate the per-minute/some other plan off the bat and switch later, the plan is only for NEW activations.) Walmart just happens to resell phone+SIM packages tied to that plan, but T-mobile has been offering the plan directly for ages now...
a333

a333

And squashpile is also right regarding payment... they have a several-month period during which service will be suspended, IIRC, but once you add funds, your service will in fact be restored back to the old plan... I know because the auto-pay system had a glitch once where my account wasn't replenished... my service was suspended for a few hours, but once I topped up my account, I was back online on the plan I had signed up on originally...
clone (banned)
join:2000-12-11
Portage, IN

clone (banned) to ArizonaSteve

to ArizonaSteve
There is no "different kind of phone". They sell you a SIM card directly from T-Mobile.com (available by itself), and yes, it's common knowledge you can buy refills 2-5% cheaper on some bulk online sites. People who are more frugal than others end up with more money, so I can't blame someone for doing it.

And it's not "if you miss a payment" they switch you back. It's miss a payment then fail to reactivate it within 30 days. It happened to my line which I keep as a backup for testing phones. And if you call and get angry and tell them no one ever told you that, which no one ever told me (keep demanding to talk to someone in the United States), they'll switch you back "just once" according to them.

But it's not like the day it goes off you're switched back to the standard prepaid plan, it has to be off for 30 days.