Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

billdz

join:2012-12-22
Fort Lauderdale, FL
reply to brookeKrige

Re: [Home Network] Motorola NVG510 installed, Slingbox won't con

Knock on wood, I think I've got it fixed. At least it has been working for 3 days now. And it was so simple. Just go to the router GUI and click on Firewall > IP Passthrough > set Allocation Mode to Default Server > enter the Slingbox IP address in the Default Server Internal Address box > click Save. In other words, the top screen shot 4 posts up but with Allocation Mode on Default Server instead of Off. Note that when Allocation Mode is set to Default Server, the remaining boxes are greyed out and need not and cannot be touched.

I'm not sure why this works (maybe someone can explain?) but so far, so good.

Thanks to all,
b

Forosnai

join:2011-09-30
kudos:2

Because you flat out forwarded all ports to the Slingbox.
The NVG510 can blindly "pass through" said traffic to a static IP, but it can only Nat specific ports to a LAN device that it has assigned a local IP to via DHCP. If you want the Slingbox to show up in the "needed by device" list so that you can forward only the specific ports, you would have to remove the manual/static settings from the Slingbox.

billdz

join:2012-12-22
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Thanks for the reply. Can any harm result from forwarding all ports to the Slingbox, as I have done? Could not get it working any other way.

Regards,
b