Premium
join:2007-07-25
Chatham, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable
·TekSavvy Cable

[Cable] Left Teksavvy

Well, after being with Teksavvy for a year with the Express 14 package, I left today to go back to Cogeco. Why you ask? Because with the CRTC garbage over bandwidth and speeds, I cannot get the 20, 30 or 55 Mbps speeds that Cogeco offers in Chatham through Teksavvy. If and when Teksavvy gets the speeds, I will come back to Teksavvy and leave Cogeco. But we will have to wait and see.

vonSchroeder

join:2004-11-12
Hamilton, ON

1 recommendation

Teksavvy is not the only alternative to Cogeco. You can get 20 Mbit (300 GB cap, $49.95) or 30 Mbit (400 GB cap, $59.95) from Start Communications (»www.start.ca/) through your Cogeco line in Chatham.

Keaters
Premium
Chatham, ON
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable
·TekSavvy Cable

said by vonSchroeder:

Teksavvy is not the only alternative to Cogeco. You can get 20 Mbit (300 GB cap, $49.95) or 30 Mbit (400 GB cap, $59.95) from Start Communications (»www.start.ca/) through your Cogeco line in Chatham.

I called START.ca and all I can get is 4Mbps package or a 16mbps package. I cannot get 20 and 30 Mbps speeds.

vonSchroeder

join:2004-11-12
Hamilton, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL

1 edit

You should be able to get the same speed from Start as you could from Cogeco. If Cogeco has rolled out DOCSIS3 in Chatham and is offering it to their customers then you should be able to get the same speed profile from Start. Has Chatham just recently been upgraded to DOCSIS3? Maybe Start's database is not correct and thinks you only qualify for the non-DOCSIS3 packages. You should check out »Start Communications and maybe post there or message Rocca »/profile/1596693 directly and see if he can double check for you.

Start also just released their new packages today so you should actually be able to get 55 Mbit now too. »Start Communications - New Packages The prices and cap in my previous post are now out of date.

Jaxom

join:2012-03-10
East York, ON
reply to Keaters

/rolls hands in evil laugh.

More bandwidth for me! Mwhahhhhaaaaaaaa

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON
kudos:24
reply to Keaters

Hey Keaters,

Sorry to hear it but I understand. I will reach out to you if/when we have updates

Cheers,

Andre

Rickkins

join:2004-04-05
Mtl, Canada
reply to Keaters

Yea, I know what ya mean. I am looking seriously at ebox's 60meg cable connection. For ten bucks more a month, I can double my connection speed, albeit with a 500gb cap as opposed to the unlimited I now enjoy....tho 500gb is way more then enough...

JCohen
Premium
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON
kudos:9
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
·TekSavvy Cable
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to Keaters

said by Keaters:

said by vonSchroeder:

I called START.ca and all I can get is 4Mbps package or a 16mbps package. I cannot get 20 and 30 Mbps speeds.

If you can get all the speeds that Cogeco offers directly through Cogeco, than you will be able to get all the speeds that Start offers. The only caveat is that you will need to upgrade to a Docsis 3 cable modem.

Keaters
Premium
Chatham, ON
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to TSI Andre

said by TSI Andre:

Hey Keaters,

Sorry to hear it but I understand. I will reach out to you if/when we have updates

Andre, I will be coming back, but yes, please let me know when the BS is over and you have the speeds!

KnockKnock

join:2010-12-06
Chatham, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to Keaters

I've been talking with Rocca from Start and you can get the 30 and 55mb download speeds in Chatham. Just an FYI.

I may make the temporary move to Start as well, but from what I understand, TSI should have a better idea of when they will be able to offer the higher speeds by March. So I'm debating just waiting it out.

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
Premium
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON
kudos:12
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·FreePhoneLine
·Rogers Hi-Speed

1 recommendation

reply to Keaters

said by Keaters:

said by TSI Andre:

Hey Keaters,

Andre, I will be coming back, but yes, please let me know when the BS is over and you have the speeds!

See i don't get this. Care to explain so i can understand better. Why "ISP HOP" and pay activation fee's each time? It make's no sense. Pick one and stick with it until you find something like start offers. That's fine, but why switch to Start, then back to TSI again to what? Switch to start a year down the line when they again offer something different?

Think with your wallet, not near future. Think long term, financially. Just stick with TSI if this is the case, they will get the speeds shortly

nitric

join:2012-01-29

said by Tx:

said by Keaters:

said by TSI Andre:

Hey Keaters,

See i don't get this. Care to explain so i can understand better. Why "ISP HOP" and pay activation fee's each time? It make's no sense. Pick one and stick with it until you find something like start offers. That's fine, but why switch to Start, then back to TSI again to what? Switch to start a year down the line when they again offer something different?

Think with your wallet, not near future. Think long term, financially. Just stick with TSI if this is the case, they will get the speeds shortly

There's no fee if you go from TPIA to TPIA. It's just a matter of cancelling one and signing up with the other. Some people view even if its only for a few months that the increase in speed is well worth it.

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
Premium
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON
kudos:12
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·FreePhoneLine
·Rogers Hi-Speed

said by nitric:

There's no fee if you go from TPIA to TPIA. It's just a matter of cancelling one and signing up with the other. Some people view even if its only for a few months that the increase in speed is well worth it.

Didn't know there was no transfer fee's or activations. If that's the case all the power to you but if there were any fee's associated i'd think it's crazy as hell

bt

join:2009-02-26
canada
reply to nitric

said by nitric:

There's no fee if you go from TPIA to TPIA.

That's entirely up to the TPIA you're transferring to.

Rickkins

join:2004-04-05
Mtl, Canada
reply to Keaters

After checking a little closer at ebox's 60meg offer, it appears to me as tho it is "not ready for prime time".

So I guess teksavvy is stuck with me...