spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

jaberi

join:2010-08-13

Reunite with your lost luggage faster by tracking it

Many of us are well acquainted with the reality of losing luggage on a flight. No matter what precautions you take, there’s not a lot you can do once you’ve arrived in Toronto, but your suitcase is still on vacation in Cancun.

»ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/right-cl ··· 231.html

jaberi

will this device sell like hot cakes?........so let's say someone steals your luggage and the device, then tosses the device in the garbage, and keeps your luggage...what happens in that case?

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC
kudos:23
reply to jaberi
This device isn't for when your luggage is stolen, but for when it's misrouted, which is common.
--
Developer: Tomato/MLPPP, Linux/MLPPP, etc »fixppp.org
Expand your moderator at work

Mike2009

join:2009-01-13
Ottawa, ON
kudos:3
reply to jaberi

Re: Reunite with your lost luggage faster by tracking it

This is a great idea. I like it.

Thane_Bitter
Inquire within
Premium
join:2005-01-20
reply to jaberi
Sounds interesting, provided its stolen along with the rest of the cases contents you can drive up right to the home of the baggage handler that nicked it.

Anav
Sarcastic Llama? Naw, Just Acerbic
Premium
join:2001-07-16
Dartmouth, NS
kudos:5
reply to jaberi
What kind of fidelity on location. Unless it can spot it down to a specific house for example its useless and expensive. In our area alone I tried a rogers location program and it was really decent it narrowed down the cell phone to 10sq kilometres and we are not in the boonies.

MaynardKrebs
Heave Steve, for the good of the country
Premium
join:2009-06-17
kudos:4
said by Anav:

In our area alone I tried a rogers location program and it was really decent it narrowed down the cell phone to 10sq kilometres and we are not in the boonies.

That's about as accurate as the Rogers bandwidth meter......
'This month you used 313GB plus or minus 400GB, we think. Thanks for choosing Rogers.'

NefCanuck

join:2007-06-26
Mississauga, ON
Reviews:
·voip.ms
reply to jaberi
Well, it would have saved me part of the headache when my luggage got waylaid on the way to NYC, but I can't see as the TSA would be overly happy to see a device that transmits signals in peoples luggage, even if it its only supposed to transmit when the bag is on the ground.

NefCanuck

donoreo
Premium
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON
reply to jaberi
I went to Vancouver once. My luggage went to London, UK. Took 4 days to get it back.

urbanriot
Premium
join:2004-10-18
Canada
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable
Lufthansa lost my luggage once... took them a month to get it back to me. Then 4 months later their head office called me to fulfill my monetary claim to compensate me for my lost luggage.

Despite being pissed off, I was honest with them and told them that they had actually returned my luggage.

ArthurS
Watch Those Blinking Lights
Premium
join:2000-10-28
Hamilton, ON
kudos:1
reply to jaberi
Wow, I gotta get at least one of two of these! Hopefully they have some dealers in Ontario soon!

jaberi

reply to Guspaz
i hear you, but where is the difference if the luggage ends up in montreal or someone's house in toronto?