spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

EVGA_RobB

@verizon.net
reply to DKS

Re: Which nVidia cards support 3 independent displays?

said by DKS:

said by rwong48:

Now I'm seeing some people have some success with 3 displays, using cards from the GTX660 to GTX680. But before I blow $300 on one, I want to know.. exactly which ones?

I have a plain vanilla GTX 680. I am supporting two monitors. One is on the card and one on the mobo onboard video (Intel 4000). I could add aone more monitor, if I had the desk space.

Just curious, but on your 680, why not connect both monitors to your 680? In fact, Many of the 6 series cards will run 3 monitors by themselves (including the 680).

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones
Premium,ExMod 2002
join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON
kudos:2

said by EVGA_RobB :

said by DKS:

said by rwong48:

Now I'm seeing some people have some success with 3 displays, using cards from the GTX660 to GTX680. But before I blow $300 on one, I want to know.. exactly which ones?

I have a plain vanilla GTX 680. I am supporting two monitors. One is on the card and one on the mobo onboard video (Intel 4000). I could add aone more monitor, if I had the desk space.

Just curious, but on your 680, why not connect both monitors to your 680? In fact, Many of the 6 series cards will run 3 monitors by themselves (including the 680).

Because the second monitor isn't used for gaming and the video card runs cooler. I was using the Lucid MVP software, but found it conflicted with BF3.
--
Need-based health care not greed-based health care.