a333
A hot cup of integrals please

join:2007-06-12
Rego Park, NY
Reviews:
·T-Mobile US
reply to ArizonaSteve

Re: T-Mobile + G Nexus FTW

Ehhh... no. The $30 plan is available straight off the bat assuming you ACTIVATE a brand-new SIM card on T-mobile (online/over the phone.) I have activated 3 prepaid SIM cards on T-mo's activation site so far (myself + my parents, and each time, I have seen the $30/5 GB plan option on the list of available plans to activate. The only catch is that the plan is a promotional plan (you can only pick it at activation... you cannot just activate the per-minute/some other plan off the bat and switch later, the plan is only for NEW activations.) Walmart just happens to resell phone+SIM packages tied to that plan, but T-mobile has been offering the plan directly for ages now...
--
Physics: Will you break the laws of physics, or will the laws of physics break you?
If physicists stand on each other's shoulders, computer scientists stand on each other's toes, and computer programmers dig each other's graves.

a333
A hot cup of integrals please

join:2007-06-12
Rego Park, NY
Reviews:
·T-Mobile US
And squashpile is also right regarding payment... they have a several-month period during which service will be suspended, IIRC, but once you add funds, your service will in fact be restored back to the old plan... I know because the auto-pay system had a glitch once where my account wasn't replenished... my service was suspended for a few hours, but once I topped up my account, I was back online on the plan I had signed up on originally...
--
Physics: Will you break the laws of physics, or will the laws of physics break you?
If physicists stand on each other's shoulders, computer scientists stand on each other's toes, and computer programmers dig each other's graves.