Premium Member
join:2007-07-25
Windsor, ON

Keaters to vonSchroeder

Premium Member

to vonSchroeder

Re: [Cable] Left Teksavvy

said by vonSchroeder:

Teksavvy is not the only alternative to Cogeco. You can get 20 Mbit (300 GB cap, $49.95) or 30 Mbit (400 GB cap, $59.95) from Start Communications (»www.start.ca/) through your Cogeco line in Chatham.

I called START.ca and all I can get is 4Mbps package or a 16mbps package. I cannot get 20 and 30 Mbps speeds.
vonSchroeder
join:2004-11-12
Hamilton, ON

1 edit

vonSchroeder

You should be able to get the same speed from Start as you could from Cogeco. If Cogeco has rolled out DOCSIS3 in Chatham and is offering it to their customers then you should be able to get the same speed profile from Start. Has Chatham just recently been upgraded to DOCSIS3? Maybe Start's database is not correct and thinks you only qualify for the non-DOCSIS3 packages. You should check out »Start.ca and maybe post there or message Rocca »/profi ··· /1596693 directly and see if he can double check for you.

Start also just released their new packages today so you should actually be able to get 55 Mbit now too. »Start Communications - New Packages The prices and cap in my previous post are now out of date.

JC_
Premium Member
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON

JC_ to Keaters

Premium Member

to Keaters
said by Keaters:

said by vonSchroeder:

Teksavvy is not the only alternative to Cogeco. You can get 20 Mbit (300 GB cap, $49.95) or 30 Mbit (400 GB cap, $59.95) from Start Communications (»www.start.ca/) through your Cogeco line in Chatham.

I called START.ca and all I can get is 4Mbps package or a 16mbps package. I cannot get 20 and 30 Mbps speeds.

If you can get all the speeds that Cogeco offers directly through Cogeco, than you will be able to get all the speeds that Start offers. The only caveat is that you will need to upgrade to a Docsis 3 cable modem.
KnockKnock
join:2010-12-06
Chatham, ON

KnockKnock to Keaters

to Keaters
I've been talking with Rocca from Start and you can get the 30 and 55mb download speeds in Chatham. Just an FYI.

I may make the temporary move to Start as well, but from what I understand, TSI should have a better idea of when they will be able to offer the higher speeds by March. So I'm debating just waiting it out.