All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

Mike Wolf
join:2009-05-24
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf to Russ6

to Russ6

Re: [X1] Xfinity TV on X1 Platform and X1 Remote Control App!

ah ok cool. so then its just a question of the method to bring the spin down feature to the Motorola software.

cypherstream
MVM
join:2004-12-02
Reading, PA
·PenTeleData
ARRIS SB8200

cypherstream

MVM

HD spin down sounds more like a firmware function than a Guide function.

It's a shame they are skipping 2.0. We saw glimpses of it at CES in 2008 and it is the biggest vaporware since Duke Nukem Forever.

It looks like an easier transition from 2.0 to 3.0. Seems like nice software. Maybe they could sell it to other smaller cable operators.

I'm glad I left this outfit long ago. Seems still to this day the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. At least with DirecTV we get regular software updates. I'll enjoy poster art, Pandora and high res graphics while Comcasters are stuck in the Stone Age. Nothing seems to motivate Comcast. At least a lot of my wants and wishlist ideas were (or are) being implemented with DirecTV thanks to the CE (cutting edge) program.
Russ6
join:2011-03-17
Houston, TX

Russ6

said by cypherstream:

HD spin down sounds more like a firmware function than a Guide function.

It's a shame they are skipping 2.0. We saw glimpses of it at CES in 2008 and it is the biggest vaporware since Duke Nukem Forever.

It looks like an easier transition from 2.0 to 3.0. Seems like nice software. Maybe they could sell it to other smaller cable operators.

I'm glad I left this outfit long ago. Seems still to this day the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. At least with DirecTV we get regular software updates. I'll enjoy poster art, Pandora and high res graphics while Comcasters are stuck in the Stone Age. Nothing seems to motivate Comcast. At least a lot of my wants and wishlist ideas were (or are) being implemented with DirecTV thanks to the CE (cutting edge) program.

On-Screen Guide 2.0 is in use on Comcast's newest Cisco cable boxes (both the Cisco RNG 200N and Cisco RNG 150N) via a different and newer protocol and technology (called OCAP or tru2way) when AnyRoom DVR functionality is used.

This new guide experience is currently available in the areas listed below where Comcast uses SA/Cisco-branded cable boxes:

Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, Mississippi, Tennessee, Louisiana, and Minnesota.

Mike Wolf
join:2009-05-24
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf to cypherstream

to cypherstream
I don't think its a firmware update, I think it's a software function that allows the drives to spin down instead of sending a constant-on ping or something. I know Western Digital's internal hard drives and DVR Expander drives have a 10 minute auto spin down built into the drive firmware (from what their tier 2 tech support told me yesterday) I've read online that when the S25 software was first installed on the 8300HD and RNG200N set tops the hard drive would spin up and spin down every ten minutes. »SA 8300HD - new guide & drive keeps spinning up/down

cypherstream
MVM
join:2004-12-02
Reading, PA
·PenTeleData
ARRIS SB8200

cypherstream to Russ6

MVM

to Russ6
Russ-

I know its tru2way, but you list 7 states have 2.0 but yet there's not one single youtube clip of it, online review, or a user on here posting screen shots and comments, questions or concerns.

I just think your lucky if 0.00000005% of customers have it - AT ALL. I mean there's just ZERO online presence of it (besides Comcast's nice instruction website on it and Ted Hodgekins posts).

2.0 - the guide Comcast forgot...

Yet there's quite a few X1 youtube clips and reviews popping up. Kinda weird if you ask me.
Russ6
join:2011-03-17
Houston, TX

Russ6

said by cypherstream:

Russ-

I know its tru2way, but you list 7 states have 2.0 but yet there's not one single youtube clip of it, online review, or a user on here posting screen shots and comments, questions or concerns.

I just think your lucky if 0.00000005% of customers have it - AT ALL. I mean there's just ZERO online presence of it (besides Comcast's nice instruction website on it and Ted Hodgekins posts).

2.0 - the guide Comcast forgot...

Yet there's quite a few X1 youtube clips and reviews popping up. Kinda weird if you ask me.

I agree that On-Screen Guide 2.0 is in limited use. It only works in 6 states and only with SA/Cisco STBs in those states and Comcast only allows it to be used with AnyRoom DVR functionality, which further limits its use. About 80% of Comcast customers use Motorola and it is not available on Motorola STBs.