how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

bharath063

join:2013-01-15

1 edit

proxy help

The thing is my data provider provides a free internet access to a certain web page(m.facebook.com) without a data plan.. My question is that can i use this site as some kind of proxy to get free internet access to other pages using software like pd-proxy etc?? I have also noticed that If some one shares a link to certain page on facebook and if i click the link through m.facebook.com it redirects to that web page and i use that page too for free.. so my question is how do i set up a proxy or a vpn to do this work?? i figured that if i somehow convince my ISP if I'm still browsing m.facebook.com they would let me browse for free.. How do i trick my ISP that i'm still browsing m.facebook.com ... sorry If my question was a little vague..

HELLFIRE
Premium
join:2009-11-25
kudos:18

Without access to m.facebook.com's backend infrastructure, you're basically SOL on your idea bharath063 See Profile

Regards

bharath063

reply to bharath063

Thanks for the reply HELLFIRE
But it sucks to know that nothing can't be done..

bharath063

reply to HELLFIRE

Hey HELLFIRE, I just had a hunch.. What if i were to share a link to google.com on my facebook and open that link while using m.facebook.com.. That would work I guess because if I click youtube videos that've been shared by someone on FB, I can watch those videos too for free.. And from then on I can watch whatever video I want from there.. So what if i do it with google like searching for a site and opening it from that shared google link?? that would work as well i guess... whats your two cents on that HELLFIRE??
Regards,

HELLFIRE
Premium
join:2009-11-25
kudos:18
reply to bharath063

I repeat my earlier statement bharath063 See Profile. You're essentially asking m.facebook.com to take your
incoming connection, then reforward it to another location AS m.facebook.com. Unless m.facebook.com is
configured to do that (and dollars to donuts it isn't), you won't get your "free internet access" you're after.

All m.facebook.com likely is is a black box somewhere listening on port 80 and feeding whatever data user(s)
request of it and that's it. If "free internet" is what you're after, find another option, like using your or someone
else's home wifi, which is ALOT less hassle and time wasted than figuring out how to "hack" m.facebook.com

Regards