Search similar:

uniqs

starikarp
@mcw.edu

starikarp

Anon

[TWC] cable and wifi

Hi!

We have Time Warner TV, Phone (IP) and cable Internet long time and it works very good. Now we are looking to have WiFi support too and keep cable too. Is the price the same? Do we need to buy WiFi router and it is done or do we need to change a modem, please?

Thank you.
Fleeced
join:2012-10-06

Fleeced

TBH, I would suggest you get your own wireless router. They range from 50-200 (250 I think is the most I've seen for a home use router), you control the wireless aspects of it, and they're generally better than most all in ones.

The wireless prices from TWC range from 3.95/mo - 11.95 depending on market. They would send you a new piece of equipment you'd end up hooking up yourself and then have to call in to set up wireless, assuming you're in an area that even changes the wireless. Setting up wireless information is pretty painless now with your own equipment. That way, also, if their modem breaks and they replace it, you don't have to worry about getting your wireless settings EXACTLY the same because they won't change with your own equipment.

starikarp
@mcw.edu

starikarp

Anon

said by Fleeced:

TBH, I would suggest you get your own wireless router. They range from 50-200 (250 I think is the most I've seen for a home use router), you control the wireless aspects of it, and they're generally better than most all in ones.

The wireless prices from TWC range from 3.95/mo - 11.95 depending on market. They would send you a new piece of equipment you'd end up hooking up yourself and then have to call in to set up wireless, assuming you're in an area that even changes the wireless. Setting up wireless information is pretty painless now with your own equipment. That way, also, if their modem breaks and they replace it, you don't have to worry about getting your wireless settings EXACTLY the same because they won't change with your own equipment.

And those prices are plus what we pay now? And we will have cable support still?
Thank you.
Fleeced
join:2012-10-06

Fleeced to starikarp

to starikarp
Router only. You'd still have full cable support to make sure you get HSD, and that is a one time fee. You'd get the same support, you'd just have to do your own wireless. If you WANT that support, then upgrade to wireless, for whatever it costs. Call in to get pricing and they'll support it.