Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

fishacura

join:2008-01-25
Phoenixville, PA
reply to JPL

Re: Ultra HD at CES

The LG LED is the one I wound up with lol!

JPL
Premium
join:2007-04-04
Downingtown, PA
kudos:4
That's a damn nice TV - I came very close to buying it. Some of the reviews talked about how there was a halo effect during some scenes because of the LED lighting. I didn't see it. I must have stared at that screen for 15 minutes in the local Best Buy, and I never saw what some were complaining about. Like I said, the Panny plasma that I got edged it out in PQ (from my perspective) but only barely (the LG was a very close second choice, followed by an equivalently spec'd 2D Samsung LED/LCD). In the end, it came down to price and size more than anything (the PQ was close enough on both TVs that I would have been happy with either). Not only was the Panasonic slightly larger (50" vs. 47"), but I got a ridiculous deal on it (b2b deal through my employer), and I just couldn't pass up those kind of savings.

fishacura

join:2008-01-25
Phoenixville, PA
The only odd thing with it is that it supposedly has local dimming but it can only be enabled on the service menu. That and it's a 120hz tv but i cannot figure out how to get it to 120hz (so setting and it always shows as 60hz). My guess is that nothing is coming through cable at 120hz...could this be right?
--
People who don't get good service on average tell 10 others while people who do get good service on average tell 1.