share rss forum feed

TSI PhilR
TSI PhilR
Premium
join:2009-01-26
Chatham, ON
reply to JMJimmy

Re: New Firmware? Cellpipe

Well, I'm not really seeing anything in the logs that'd cause this.. I took a look at your line stats and again there I'm not seeing anything wrong either..
Have you tried pings and or traceroutes to XB?

I found this on another forum (not an Xbox gamer myself so I had to use the google machine)

Xbox with no Disc in it. Once you're in the menu select "Settings" then go to "Network" under this menu it has an option to connect to Xbox Live. Since everything is already working fine and you can play without any problems, go ahead and let it run the Auto-Detecting tests and go through its little processes.

Once the test finishes (Successfully), press "Y" and see what comes up. It should have a "hidden' type menu that will come up where you can measure your ping and packetloss as well as what NAT type you have.

--
TSI PhilR - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Manager, Escalations, Errors & Recovery
Authorized TSI employee ( »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )

JMJimmy

join:2008-07-23
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
It's not just to Xbox - websites are sluggish, P2P is having the drop outs at the same time as the xbox disconnects. It's intermittent and other than that the xbox recovers right away so it's hard to pin down.

I've pulled everything off the network except 1 new Win8 laptop and the Xbox, directly wired... beyond that I'm not sure how I can log this problem in a meaningful way.

I ran the "Test Xbox LIVE Connection", without knowing what W/X/Y/Z/ID/L/Q (and corresponding codes) mean it doesn't give any meaningful information. T = Type, tells me it's wired. A/G/D is just Gateway/IP/DNS info. It says I'm "moderate" NAT, however, the IP is in the DMZ so it should be wide open.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
Are you using the Cellpipe as your main router for wired & wiress, or only as a bridge device?

If so, perhaps you should consider a separate router, or perhaps TekSavvy can swap the modem to a Sagemcom which is more modern.
--
F**K THE NHL. Go Blue Jays 2013!!!

JMJimmy

Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
Using it as the primary - my router was a linksys which with the zero day exploit in the wild I pulled it.

I just ran that xbox test again... NAT Error this time

W: 0000 - 000B
X: 0000 - F001
Y: 20A8 - 48E0
Z: 0000 - 0000
ID: 0007 - 0002
L: 8015 - 100C
Q: 8015 - 100C

Whatever that means.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Well i suggest you check what linksys router you have, it may be possible to load 3rd party firmware on it like Tomato or DD-WRT.
--
F**K THE NHL. Go Blue Jays 2013!!!

TSI PhilR
TSI PhilR
Premium
join:2009-01-26
Chatham, ON
reply to JMJimmy
Check your IMs

JMJimmy

Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to HiVolt
said by HiVolt:

Well i suggest you check what linksys router you have, it may be possible to load 3rd party firmware on it like Tomato or DD-WRT.

I've had back luck with Linksys and 3rd party software... bricked 2-3 of them. If I had the ability to JTAG I'd be more inclined but I don't at the moment.

JMJimmy

reply to TSI PhilR
I discovered part of the problem: Enabling DMZ caused the NAT issues. When I disabled it and switched to port forwarding... poof, XBL NAT errors vanished.

Go figure.

Thanks to Phil for providing a more permanent solution!