banditws6
Shrinking Time and Distance
Premium
join:2001-08-18
Frisco, TX
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

Promotional Rate

Don't forget that $90/mo. is a promotional rate. After 12 months you're going to get socked with a much higher monthly fee. After my promo rate expired, TW Dallas wanted $70/mo. for Turbo -- three levels below this new Ultimate 75. And until my promo did expire, it was like pulling teeth to get TW to tell me what the regular rate of the service was. Just a heads up.
--
"The counsel of fools is all the more dangerous the more of them there are." -Ólafr Höskuldsson

JigglyWiggly

join:2009-07-12
Pleasanton, CA
Whenever I read about TWC, I feel thankful to have Comcast.
I have comcast xtreme 105, 105/20. Time warner doesn't know what upload speed is.

All their tiers have garbage upload speed, and they just seem to all around suck more than Comcast by a lot.

F100

join:2013-01-15
Durham, NC
reply to banditws6
In the NC market, TWC has taken all links to the standard pricing off of their website for residential. I've chatted with them twice over the last 2 months and they will only quote promotional prices. So it's hard to predict what you bill will be after the promotion or to compare internet with other providers. In NC, if you have a complaint with TWC, you have to go to the State Attorney General's office because they handle the franchise now and not the cities anymore.

djrobx
Premium
join:2000-05-31
Valencia, CA
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·VOIPO
said by F100:

In the NC market, TWC has taken all links to the standard pricing off of their website for residential. I've chatted with them twice over the last 2 months and they will only quote promotional prices. So it's hard to predict what you bill will be after the promotion or to compare internet with other providers. In NC, if you have a complaint with TWC, you have to go to the State Attorney General's office because they handle the franchise now and not the cities anymore.

I noticed that they're trying to bury "regular" pricing too. Someone posted that they not only have "first-year" pricing, but they also bring you up to "regular" price in $10/year increments.

This seems very sleazy. They ought to at least be forthcoming about what "regular price" is. Sounds like an issue both the franchise board and the FTC should be made aware of.
--
AT&T U-Hearse - RIP Unlimited Internet 1995-2011
Rethink Billable.

MURICA

join:2013-01-03
reply to JigglyWiggly
Whenever I read about Comcast, I feel thankful to have TWC.

I will take my uncapped 30/5 Mbps over your capped 105/20 Mbps trash any day!

Try downloading the terabytes of data in a month that I download over my 30 Mbps residential Time Warner connection on your capped 105 Mbps Comcast connection and see what happens. I dare you!

5 Mbps might seem like a slow upload but I still manage to upload over 1.5 terabytes of data every month on Time Warner.

Try uploading that much on Comcast residential sometime and tell me how it works out for you.

I am no fan of Time Warner but saying that Comcast is somehow better than them is laughable.

With those bandwidth caps Comcast is selling a Ferrari that is constructed out of cardboard.