Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

SoonerAl
Premium,MVM
join:2002-07-23
Norman, OK
kudos:5

Cox enhanced webmail no longer available?

Is Cox enhanced webmail no longer available? I never get the option to select the enhanced version when I went to login with webmail a few minutes ago or over the last few days on my Windows 8 laptop using the classic IE web browser...

SoonerAl
Premium,MVM
Norman, OK

Well I found this on the Cox forums...

quote:
Customers whom have not logged into Enhanced for 90 days will no longer be able to access it since being retired.
...in this thread...

»forums.cox.com/forum_home/tv_for···603.aspx

Bummer...

BryanInPHX
Premium
join:2001-03-06
Phoenix, AZ
kudos:2
reply to SoonerAl

And every time I login - I get this damn prompt.

»/r0/download/2···ompt.jpg

CoxTech1
VIP
join:2002-04-25
Chesapeake, VA
kudos:76

It appears your account has grandfathered access to Enhanced. Customers whom have not used it in the past 90 days will automatically be taken to Classic.

gwm
Premium
join:2002-07-11
Irvine, CA

A few questions and observations. First question; why didn't Cox notify it's customers about this? Second; even if you're grandfathered, this seems to imply that Enhanced email is going away totally at some point. So if you're grandfathered as I am, is there any real point of continuing to use Enhanced email. I really have no interest is using the basic email as it is really "clunky'. My large (350) email address list from Enhanced appears in basic but the "name" column just repeats the email address. Unless Cox plans to come up with an improved Enhanced email system, it appears to me Cox really just wants to get out of the email business. Probably unrealistic to get an answer from Cox re: this but would really like to know since if I have to move to another email provider, I would like to do it sooner rather than later.

gwm
Premium
join:2002-07-11
Irvine, CA

Guess I should have said it looks like Cox wants to get out of the Web Mail business.

No_Strings
Premium,MVM,Ex-Mod 2008-13
join:2001-11-22
The OC
kudos:6
reply to CoxTech1

Give me IMAP and we'll call it even.

SoonerAl
Premium,MVM
Norman, OK

said by No_Strings:

Give me IMAP and we'll call it even.

+1

Rob_
Premium
join:2008-07-16
Mary Esther, FL
kudos:1

I don't like IMAP, just POP me a new drink anytime..

-Rob

BryanInPHX
Premium
join:2001-03-06
Phoenix, AZ
kudos:2
reply to SoonerAl

Radio Buttons are back today to choose:

*Classic WebMail
*Enhanced WebMail

Is anyone else seeing this, The prompt page I posted earlier is now gone. Did Cox reverse their decision to eliminate Enhanced WebMail?

BillRoland
Premium
join:2001-01-21
Ocala, FL
kudos:3
reply to SoonerAl

I see the radio buttons as well.

SoonerAl
Premium,MVM
Norman, OK
reply to BryanInPHX

Same here, plus IE10 classic on the Windows 8 classic desktop correctly takes me to the enhanced webmail page while the IE10 app on the modern Windows 8 start screen takes me to the older classic interface. That works for me...