Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·Clearwire Wireless
·Clear Wireless

1 recommendation

reply to iansltx

Re: Google Fibers' next stop...

said by iansltx:

Nah, FiOS is already there. If I remember correctly, Google said something to the effect that they aren't going to go after markets that have FiOS already available.

FIOS is not in Dallas, Irving yes. But Dallas NO!

ilikeme
I live in a van down by the river.
Premium
join:2002-08-27
Sugar Land, TX
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Vonage
said by PamelaTS:

said by iansltx:

Nah, FiOS is already there. If I remember correctly, Google said something to the effect that they aren't going to go after markets that have FiOS already available.

FIOS is not in Dallas, Irving yes. But Dallas NO!

There are a few areas in Dallas that do have it. I personally prefer FIOS over cable anyways. I pay $55 for 50/25 FIOS in Denton and the alternative is crappy Charter cable.
--

Fiber Optics is the future of high-speed internet access. Stop by the BBR Fiber Optic Forum

fieroloki

join:2007-07-29
Van Alstyne, TX
reply to PamelaTS
I am in Dallas and have it. Just not all parts of Dallas have it.

innoman
-
Premium
join:2002-05-07
Dallas, TX
Reviews:
·VoicePulse
What part of Dallas are you in?

I've been looking for a house and would love to have FiOS, but it seems that it's only in the suburbs. (I don't consider Far North Dallas as Dallas since you typically have to go through other cities to get there--i.e. Addison and Plano).

The sad think about these speed increases is that their adoption won't be that great because they aren't doing anything for upstream. (That, and price... $90 is a little steep for a 75/5 connection these days).

navalpatel

join:2003-07-28
Richardson, TX
While not Dallas, it's available in Garland (or at least in many areas of Garland). I think that's the closest you'll get while still remaining in Verizon territory unless Richardson has it, but I think that's AT&T's area.

Edit: FiOS map with DSLR users available at »/gmaps/fios

innoman
-
Premium
join:2002-05-07
Dallas, TX
I'm familiar with that map. It's in many of the suburbs, just not really in Dallas (as in central Dallas, I mean). It doesn't seem to be anywhere that I want to live.