dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
DanteX
join:2010-09-09

DanteX to Tx

to Tx

Re: If Voltage Take Customers To Court File Sharing Is Legal!

Correction Assualting someone is a lesser crime as well .

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
Premium Member
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON

Tx

Premium Member

said by DanteX:

Sad isn't it? Being honest too.
jkoblovsky
join:2011-09-27
Keswick, ON

jkoblovsky

Stepping Down From Copyright Debate

»jkoblovsky.wordpress.com ··· -debate/

I will no longer be commenting or playing an adversarial role in this debate around Teksavvy’s legal tactics. The academics currently at the table really need to look at my most recent post. Most of them should have a clear understanding already of the economics of the situation, and it is now bestowed on them to do the right thing in this current circumstance. This can not be allowed to go any further than it has, I won’t let it. The research is there, and turn your attention to the indie economic data, to fully support my claims.

As a result of the last post, I can no longer comment on Teksavvy, and this blog will no longer be following the current legal situation. Instead I’ll be focusing my efforts with respect to commenting on the current state of digital policy we’re in due to the current copyright legislation.
stevey_frac
join:2009-12-09
Cambridge, ON

stevey_frac

Why do you think you are in any way influential, or meaningful, or have a voice louder than anyone else?

I've never heard of you, and I don't think i'm the only one in that situation...

Mr. Geist, yes... CIPPIC yes...

Tx
Premium Member
Mississauga, ON

Tx to jkoblovsky

Premium Member

to jkoblovsky
said by jkoblovsky:

Stepping Down From Copyright Debate

»jkoblovsky.wordpress.com ··· -debate/

I will no longer be commenting or playing an adversarial role in this debate around Teksavvy’s legal tactics. The academics currently at the table really need to look at my most recent post. Most of them should have a clear understanding already of the economics of the situation, and it is now bestowed on them to do the right thing in this current circumstance. This can not be allowed to go any further than it has, I won’t let it. The research is there, and turn your attention to the indie economic data, to fully support my claims.

As a result of the last post, I can no longer comment on Teksavvy, and this blog will no longer be following the current legal situation. Instead I’ll be focusing my efforts with respect to commenting on the current state of digital policy we’re in due to the current copyright legislation.

To be honest, i do enjoy reading your views but your views aren't any more important then 300 others that post on here. Continue with your views and your debate but just because it's not getting the attention you want, don't think your views are any less important.

I value your views as much as i do the next. Not one specific is more important than the other.
jkoblovsky
join:2011-09-27
Keswick, ON

jkoblovsky

It's not my views that are important in this post, it's the economic information that's embedded in it which adds a very important piece to the puzzle going forward. As people dig into the research of this, it will become more clear.
funny0
join:2010-12-22

funny0 to DanteX

to DanteX
said by DanteX:

no it isnt
you can do federal time for harming physically a person
and there are degrees like "aggravated" and "bodily harm"

Assault also includes rape...Are you saying rape of any kind is a lesser crime...
DanteX
join:2010-09-09

DanteX

I think What I said was mis interpreted.

What I meant was punishments for so called copyright crimes are usually more severe then a crime where actually harm is caused to a person.

Tx
Premium Member
Mississauga, ON

Tx to funny0

Premium Member

to funny0
said by funny0:

said by DanteX:

no it isnt
you can do federal time for harming physically a person
and there are degrees like "aggravated" and "bodily harm"

Assault also includes rape...Are you saying rape of any kind is a lesser crime...

Read the whole thread and that of which he replied to. On that note, yes murder, rape and so on is sometimes punished far less then those who pirate copyrighted material. No one is dissecting which one is worse. It's what the punishments handed out that are a joke.

You know you can edit your post instead of putting in something you forgot and re-quoting the OP? You can also multi quote fairly easily by copy and pasting.