Maxo
Your tax dollars at work.
Premium,VIP
join:2002-11-04
Tallahassee, FL

1 recommendation

Fedora 18 Released

said by »fedoraproject.org/en/get-fedora :

This is the latest version of the Fedora Linux operating system's Desktop Edition. It's everything you need to try out Fedora — you don't have to erase anything on your current system to try it out, and it won't put your files at risk. Take Fedora for a test drive, and if you like it, you can install Fedora directly to your hard drive straight from the Live Media desktop if you like.

Congrats to the FC team.
--
"Padre, nobody said war was fun now bowl!" - Sherman T Potter

»maxolasersquad.com/

»maxolasersquad.blogspot.com

»www.facebook.com/maxolasersquad

rexbinary
Mod King
Premium
join:2005-01-26
Plano, TX

Thanks Maxo See Profile

Ryan
Premium
join:2001-03-03
Braintree, MA
reply to Maxo

At least in my case something related to fedora 18 and nvidia from rpm fusion boned my system at work. At first I thought it was just a bad upgrade from fedup, but after a clean install and then installing nvida drivers my system go into the same messed up state

rexbinary
Mod King
Premium
Plano, TX
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Maxo

If you are considering installing Fedora 18, you might want to look over the Common Bugs page first. It's not too bad, but there are a few note worthy bugs.

»fedoraproject.org/wiki/Common_F18_bugs

rexbinary
Mod King
Premium
Plano, TX
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Ryan

said by Ryan:

At least in my case something related to fedora 18 and nvidia from rpm fusion boned my system at work. At first I thought it was just a bad upgrade from fedup, but after a clean install and then installing nvida drivers my system go into the same messed up state

I haven't had a chance to install Fedora 18 yet with the Nvidia drivers from RPMFusion, but I think this might be your issue here:

»lists.rpmfusion.org/pipermail/rp···070.html
--
Verizon FiOS subscriber since 2005 | Mac owner since 1990 | Fedora user since 2006 | CentOS user since 2007 | "Anyone who is unwilling to learn is entitled to absolutely nothing." - graysonf | EDIT: I seldom post without an edit.