TOPDAWG
Premium Member
join:2005-04-27
Calgary, AB

TOPDAWG to geokilla

Premium Member

to geokilla

Re: Start Communications - New Packages

yeah still think that is true. While I know that it may change soon or never it's not cool to sign up for a 200GB cap then use a TB in a month just cause you can. No way Start wants to state the date the tracking will be live.

They may can track you like they said and call you but it may not be ready where they can force you to pay for overages.
geokilla
join:2010-10-04
North York, ON

geokilla

said by TOPDAWG:

yeah still think that is true. While I know that it may change soon or never it's not cool to sign up for a 200GB cap then use a TB in a month just cause you can. No way Start wants to state the date the tracking will be live.

They may can track you like they said and call you but it may not be ready where they can force you to pay for overages.

Lol I won't be like that, don't worry. It's just that I normally use around 100GB/month, but sometimes I download anime series and what not, and those series itself would push me up to 150GB or more. Never have I hit 200GB...

rocca
Start.ca
Premium Member
join:2008-11-16
London, ON

rocca to TOPDAWG

Premium Member

to TOPDAWG
said by TOPDAWG:

While we aren't charging overages at this time due to the lack of the automation component (which is coming soon), it doesn't mean it's open for abuse in the mean-time. That's really my point, ie don't signup expecting unlimited because it won't happen. We have reports that point out the hot spots and we deal with incidents as needed. For people that want to treat it as unlimited, then we have an unlimited option at 6Mbps.

TOPDAWG
Premium Member
join:2005-04-27
Calgary, AB

TOPDAWG to geokilla

Premium Member

to geokilla
yeah sucks paying rogers 87 for 10/2 is killing me makes me want to cry but nothing else I can get in my area. The min Start has a higher speed cable uncapped serve I'm switching.