Premium Member
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON

resa1983 to WhyNoUpload

Premium Member

to WhyNoUpload

Re: [Cable] Need faster upload!!!

said by WhyNoUpload:

Not entirely Teksavvys fault but this is way to ridiculous. Having 1mbps of upload speed on cable in 2013 is like not having access to clean drinking water. I don't have access to anything other than cable so this is my only option. The CRTC should treat this like a national crisis!

Yep first world problems at its finest.

Not entirely Teksavvy's fault?
How about not Teksavvy's fault at all. Rogers is trying to ignore CRTC rules which stated they had to speedmatch.
geokilla
join:2010-10-04
North York, ON

geokilla

said by resa1983:

said by WhyNoUpload:

Not entirely Teksavvys fault but this is way to ridiculous. Having 1mbps of upload speed on cable in 2013 is like not having access to clean drinking water. I don't have access to anything other than cable so this is my only option. The CRTC should treat this like a national crisis!

Yep first world problems at its finest.

Not entirely Teksavvy's fault?
How about not Teksavvy's fault at all. Rogers is trying to ignore CRTC rules which stated they had to speedmatch.

If Teksavvy chose not to upgrade the IPOI and prep for switching over to APOI, there wouldn't be such a problem. Yes there are costs and it's hella expensive as I've heard that many times, but you have to do the switch sooner or later. The more you delay, the more expensive it'll get.

You need to think long-term. Not short-term.

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
Premium Member
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON

Tx to resa1983

Premium Member

to resa1983
since you seem to know a bit about it, how is it start can offer the higher speed by TSI cannot? I haven't checked start's page but if what's said below is true 20\2 package, it's more then TSI offer's, which would make it slightly TSI.
bt
join:2009-02-26
canada

bt

said by Tx:

since you seem to know a bit about it, how is it start can offer the higher speed by TSI cannot?

Start is on the aggregate POI. Teksavvy is not.
Sanek
join:2006-08-10
Kanata, ON

Sanek to Tx

to Tx
said by Tx:

since you seem to know a bit about it, how is it start can offer the higher speed by TSI cannot? I haven't checked start's page but if what's said below is true 20\2 package, it's more then TSI offer's, which would make it slightly TSI.

Start is on the Aggregated POI architecture, while Teksavvy is not. Rogers only allows the new speed packages to the ISPs on the Aggregated POI architecture.
resa1983
Premium Member
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON

resa1983

Premium Member

said by Sanek:

said by Tx:

Start is on the Aggregated POI architecture, while Teksavvy is not. Rogers only allows the new speed packages to the ISPs on the Aggregated POI architecture.

The problem is that Rogers is treating these like these new packages, and can charge for package changes, and grandfather people at the slower speeds. We all know these are free upgrades and should have automatically been provided.

A plan has already been put together with Rogers to switch to aggregated. There were contractual obligations with the current POIs that had to be resolved.
34764170 (banned)
join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON

34764170 (banned) to geokilla

to geokilla
said by geokilla:

If Teksavvy chose not to upgrade the IPOI and prep for switching over to APOI, there wouldn't be such a problem. Yes there are costs and it's hella expensive as I've heard that many times, but you have to do the switch sooner or later. The more you delay, the more expensive it'll get.

Except the delaying part is nonsense and it pushes off shafting customers as much as possible. Moving to aggregate is a total shaft to the customer.