uniqs

Gordo74
Premium Member
join:2003-10-28
Pittsburgh, PA

Gordo74 to rwong48

Premium Member

to rwong48

Re: Which nVidia cards support 3 independent displays?

If you're not looking to game across multiple monitors, you can use any combination of video output devices (multiple video cards/onboard video/USB Monitor addition).

I know the ATI 5xxx, 6xxx, and 7xxx series work with up to 4 monitors each. As far as nVidia, you can do 2 monitors per video card. Onboard video can do up to 3 (Ivy Bridge can do 3 if 2 are through displayport connections).

Whichever monitor the game is on, that is the video card that will be driving it. Make sure the game is on your most powerful one and it wont be an issue.

pnjunction
Teksavvy Extreme
Premium Member
join:2008-01-24
Toronto, ON

pnjunction

Premium Member

said by Gordo74:

I know the ATI 5xxx, 6xxx, and 7xxx series work with up to 4 monitors each. As far as nVidia, you can do 2 monitors per video card. Onboard video can do up to 3 (Ivy Bridge can do 3 if 2 are through displayport connections).

Not sure but I think nVidia has finally added 3-4 monitor support on a single card in the 600 series.

El Quintron
Cancel Culture Ambassador
Premium Member
join:2008-04-28
Tronna

El Quintron

Premium Member

said by pnjunction:

Not sure but I think nVidia has finally added 3-4 monitor support on a single card in the 600 series.

This is the case, even if they'll only support surround gaming on select cards.

rwong48
join:2002-11-10
San Jose, CA

rwong48

said by El Quintron:

said by pnjunction:

This is the case, even if they'll only support surround gaming on select cards.

This appears to be the case, for (most of?) the GTX 660, 670, and 680 cards. Not sure about the 650, which is what my original question was - exactly which ones?

I think I'll settle with using a secondary card for the 2nd/3rd monitors, whether that be with a nVidia 8400GS (since I have some laying around) or the Sandy Bridge iGPU, but I'd still like to know.

Gordo74
Premium Member
Pittsburgh, PA

Gordo74

Premium Member

said by rwong48:

This appears to be the case, for (most of?) the GTX 660, 670, and 680 cards. Not sure about the 650, which is what my original question was - exactly which ones?

All from the 660 upwards. I meant to put that in my original post.

dfrandin
Premium Member
join:2002-06-14
Las Vegas, NV

dfrandin

Premium Member

said by Gordo74:

said by rwong48:

I recently bought a 610 for a friend, and it has DVI, HDMI and VGA. I'm currently using it with two monitors, off the VGA and DVI ports, but I wonder if I had a third monitor that did HDMI (or an HDMI to DVI adapter) if it too, would support three monitors.. Enquiring minds....

Gordo74
Premium Member
Pittsburgh, PA

Gordo74

Premium Member

said by dfrandin:

said by Gordo74:

said by rwong48:

I recently bought a 610 for a friend, and it has DVI, HDMI and VGA. I'm currently using it with two monitors, off the VGA and DVI ports, but I wonder if I had a third monitor that did HDMI (or an HDMI to DVI adapter) if it too, would support three monitors.. Enquiring minds....

I do not believe so. I believe it has to be 660 or upwards.