Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

markysharkey
Premium
join:2012-12-20
united kingd

Wireless and PPTP

Next up on my hit list is PPTP over Cisco wireless.
I deployed about a dozen 1142 autonomous access points in the last quarter of 2012. However none of them seem to allow PPTP (Microsoft VPN) connections. I have seen other bulletin boards and blogs that suggest the latest IOS image has fixed this bug. Clearly my supplier has palmed me off with "old" (or at least, older than I would have wanted) stock and is staunchly refusing to do anything about it unless I buy some Smartnet. Having spent the best part of about 4 grand on access points I am reluctant to spend any more. Any ideas, hints, or better, workarounds to resolve this?

phantasm11b
Premium
join:2007-11-02

2 edits

What version of code are you running? You may have no other choice but to get smartnet and download a new IOS.

Edit:
It looks like the issue is resolved in 12.4(21a)JY.

See here.

markysharkey
Premium
united kingd

I'm running 12.4(23c) JA3 Release (fc1). No idea if that's newer or not.

phantasm11b
Premium
join:2007-11-02

Did you read the link I provided? It looks like you need to roll back... Which means you need smartnet for access to the file.

markysharkey
Premium
united kingd

Roll back?
So they fix the bug in "one" version of IOS then release later versions with the bug still in place? I'm not often lost for words but in this instance...

I skimmed the link, so apologies, and thanks.

HELLFIRE
Premium
join:2009-11-25
kudos:18
reply to markysharkey

said by markysharkey:

So they fix the bug in "one" version of IOS then release later versions with the bug still in place? I'm not often lost for words but in this instance...

...or introduce new ones in later versions... Sometimes if you want your daily ha-has, reading through
the Unresolved Caveats is better than the Sunday funnies.

Not to say Cisco is the only one guilty of doing this, but I hear what you're saying.

Regards

RyanG1
Premium
join:2002-02-10
San Antonio, TX
kudos:1

said by HELLFIRE:

... Sometimes if you want your daily ha-has, reading through
the Unresolved Caveats is better than the Sunday funnies....
Regards

so true =\
--
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams