how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

dks7

join:2004-05-31
Omak, WA

100mbit and installation fee.

I am curious, what does Charter do for this install that warrants the $200 installation fee? Different modem? Different lines? Also has anyone been successful getting them to waive this fee, like say for long term good standing customers?

KoRnGtL15
Premium
join:2007-01-04
Grants Pass, OR
kudos:1
Its a matter of just flipping the switch on. Best you can do is call them and see what they say about the fee. I sure as heck would not pay it. Luckily I got in on this tier way before the new fee.

Razoul

join:2012-10-09
Crestline, CA
Reviews:
·Charter
reply to dks7
As far as I can tell nothing. They do nothing different. It's probably just to keep people from upgrading since it's a kind of steep fee if you're already a customer to just change the config the modem gets from the CMTS. Charter isn't known for making smart, customer friendly decisions lately (see social media shut down).

dks7

Omak, WA
Ya, I'm curious to see if anyone has amnaged to get them to waive the fee, also curious what prices people are getting. Right now I am paying $50.33 for HSI only, I surely won't pay a 100 bucks or w/e.

zed260
Premium
join:2011-11-11
Cleveland, TN
Reviews:
·Charter
said by dks7:

Ya, I'm curious to see if anyone has amnaged to get them to waive the fee, also curious what prices people are getting. Right now I am paying $50.33 for HSI only, I surely won't pay a 100 bucks or w/e.

best bet is to speak to retention tell them they have 2 options upgrade you and waive fee or cancel internet

Razoul

join:2012-10-09
Crestline, CA
Reviews:
·Charter
reply to dks7
Same here. I was considering the upgrade to 100meg when my income increased dramatically every month, the only thing that really kept me from going to it was the stupid $200 "activation" fee. I have the line run, a modem capable of it and see no reason to charge the fee other than greed, so I chose to just not go for it.

dks7

Omak, WA
Agreed it sure is greed. I'm curious what price they charge too.

Premium
join:2012-06-11
said by dks7:

Agreed it sure is greed. I'm curious what price they charge too.

Clearly a "money grab" and nothing more.

cork1958
Cork
Premium
join:2000-02-26
reply to dks7
$200 installation? That's not even greed. That's TOTAL stupidity!!

I don't know who I'd have to call the dumber of the 2? Some one who actually pays the $200 or Charter for trying to get away with it? Actually not to stupid on Charters part if they can find the moron who pays that!!

I remember having to pay a $100 install when I first signed up with Charter back in the 256/128 days! At least I got a new modem and a 1 new line ran to the house!!

I guess that would make me half a moron, but for anyone that already has the wiring and stuff now a days, $200 is just absurd!
--
The Firefox alternative.
»www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/