join:2003-04-05
Kailua, HI
kudos:6
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·Clearwire Wireless

1 recommendation

Facebook Announces Its Third Reich Graph Search

Facebook Announces Its Third Pillar “Graph Search” That Gives You Answers, Not Links Like Google"

In a nutshell:
"Facebook Graph Search is completely personalized. Tom Stocky of the search team explains he gets unique results for a search of “friends who Like Star Wars and Harry Potter.” Then, “If anyone else does this search they get a completely different set of results. Even if someone had the same set of friends as me, the results would be different [because we have different relationships with our friends].”

»techcrunch.com/2013/01/15/facebo···3D257484

"completely personalized" would obsolete the word 'personal'.
The more facebook knew about your personal life the more relevant the Graph Search would be.
Personally, I prefer to be the keeper of my shit.

StuartMW
Who Is John Galt?
Premium
join:2000-08-06
Galt's Gulch
kudos:2

2 recommendations

said by Snowy:

Personally, I prefer to be the keeper of my shit.

+1
--
Don't feed trolls--it only makes them grow!

dandelion
Premium,MVM
join:2003-04-29
Germantown, TN
kudos:5
reply to Snowy
I am glad I never "liked" anything nor put any personal information on the site that my children wanted me to join. One day they may kick me off when they figure out I didn't use my real name... until then *shrugs*

La Luna
RIP Lisa
Premium
join:2001-07-12
Warwick, NY
kudos:3

1 recommendation

reply to Snowy
I always follow the "if it's on the internet, assume anyone can see it" rule. Hence, I never post anything revealing or potentially embarassing. Also, no phone #, no personal email address, no place of employment, no birthdate, etc.

siljaline
I'm lovin' that double wide
Premium
join:2002-10-12
Montreal, QC
kudos:17
Reviews:
·Bell Sympatico
reply to Snowy

La Luna
RIP Lisa
Premium
join:2001-07-12
Warwick, NY
kudos:3

2 recommendations

reply to Snowy
Also, Facecrooks has some tips regarding Graph Search also:

»facecrooks.com/Internet-Safety-P···acy.html

siljaline
I'm lovin' that double wide
Premium
join:2002-10-12
Montreal, QC
kudos:17
How Your Facebook Privacy Settings Impact Graph Search
»www.csoonline.com/article/726902···h-search

carpetshark3
Premium
join:2004-02-12
Idledale, CO
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
reply to dandelion
said by dandelion:

I am glad I never "liked" anything nor put any personal information on the site that my children wanted me to join. One day they may kick me off when they figure out I didn't use my real name... until then *shrugs*

Waiting, too. Didn't use my real name - and what I did use doesn't match any other alias. I don't have a profile, don't have a timeline.
Have everything checked "only me" I just chase the idiots who put customer service there.

antdude
A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
join:2001-03-25
United State
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

Waiting, too. Didn't use my real name - and what I did use doesn't match any other alias. I don't have a profile, don't have a timeline.
Have everything checked "only me" I just chase the idiots who put customer service there.

They kicked me off a few years ago for that reason. MySpace, Friendster, etc. didn't. I refuse to use my real names on others like Google (Plus). :/
--
Ant @ AQFL.net and AntFarm.ma.cx. Please do not IM/e-mail me for technical support. Use this forum or better, »community.norton.com ! Disclaimer: The views expressed in this posting are mine, and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.