share rss forum feed

dslx_nick
Premium,VIP
join:2011-12-24
Chatsworth, CA
kudos:27

1 edit
reply to Wapcaplet

Re: [ADSL2] Speedstream 4100 with Fusion service?

Hmmm. Can't say that I KNOW of any DSL Extreme Fusion circuits using that particular model... Edit: Ah-hah! Yes. Confirmed, that model should work, as long as it doesn't have any branded firmware locking it to another provider.

Of course, assuming you do sign up for service and use it, then I WILL be able to say that I know of a circuit which is using one successfully!

Wapcaplet

join:2005-03-31
Pasadena, CA

said by dslx_nick:

Edit: Ah-hah! Yes. Confirmed, that model should work, as long as it doesn't have any branded firmware locking it to another provider.

My Speedstream has SBC firmware, as I used to have SBC/Yahoo DSL before switching to DSL Extreme. I'm guessing that it should work with Fusion because it already works on DSL Extreme's network, right?

dslx_nick
Premium,VIP
join:2011-12-24
Chatsworth, CA
kudos:27

Yeah, that shouldn't be a problem. It's only on some of the newest models that we've seen them being a bit more... aggressive about locking down their modems. If you're able to use your modem with DSL Extreme DSL, it should work just fine with DSL Extreme Fusion.

Wapcaplet

join:2005-03-31
Pasadena, CA

said by dslx_nick:

If you're able to use your modem with DSL Extreme DSL, it should work just fine with DSL Extreme Fusion.

So I just went through the first steps to order Fusion and came across this warning when I select "I will use my current modem":

Compatible Modems: Comtrend CT-5072T or D-Link DSL-2320B - View Picture
Yes, I have one of these modems. These are the only modems compatible with our Fusion service

So are we able to use any compatible ADSL2+ modem, or are we restricted to these two models?

dslx_gm
Premium,VIP
join:2002-12-26
Chatsworth, CA
kudos:17

said by Wapcaplet:

So are we able to use any compatible ADSL2+ modem, or are we restricted to these two models?

Currently existing clients can use any compatible ADSL2+ modem and it aren't forced to take a modem lease from us if you do not already have one. You do need an ADSL2+ modem or your line would default to ADSL1 when it syncs and won't be able to obtain any higher than ADSL1 rates of course.
--
George
General Manager
DSL Extreme
Will work for reviews.