how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed
kd6cae
P2p Shouldn't Be A Crime

join:2001-08-27
Bakersfield, CA

Will TWC ever increase upload speed, ever?

I have TWC here in Southern California, and in my area it took them forever to finally have up to 50 megabits downstream. I'm glad they do, and in at least 3 years we may finally get 75 or better, but is 5 megabits all we will ever see on upstream, ever?
A friend of mine who lives in the UK, has a 100 megabits downstream tier, that's also just 5 megabits upload. He was told he'd be getting 10 megs up, but that was last summer, and he's still waiting.
I actualy have the 30mbps down, 5mbps up tier, since I'm most wanting upload. The only non-fios north American provider I've actually seen anything above 5 megabits on is Bell in Canada, where a friend there has 25 down, and 10 up. Not even AT&T U-verse is doing higher than 3mbps up to my knowledge. Can existing cable upstream seriously not go above 5 megabits for upstream, not even a little? Just curious. My internet is quite solid, but it's so interesting that cable companies across the US and even UK, most don't want to attempt breaking the 5mbits barrier on upstream. Let's hope folks try in the near future
Premium
join:2012-06-11

After the PROMO what is the REGUALR price??

WHAT IS THE REGULAR, EVERYDAY PRICE FOR THIS 75 Mbps

after the "promo" offer is expired?

CBD_DFW

@108.244.115.x

Re: After the PROMO what is the REGUALR price??

Recently I called TWC Dallas and asked very very directly what the regular internet pricing rates were. The person on the phone simply refused to answer. And was rude.

Staggeringly poor business practices over there.
Premium
join:2012-06-11

Re: After the PROMO what is the REGUALR price??

said by CBD_DFW :

Recently I called TWC Dallas and asked very very directly what the regular internet pricing rates were. The person on the phone simply refused to answer. And was rude.

Staggeringly poor business practices over there.

As we all know, the attitude at the top (CEO) trickles down to the lowest level employee.

The CEO at TWC must be a real prize! LOL

Another MBA who only cares about the next quarter and doesn't give a rats ass about the people who keep the company in business....

THE CUSTOMERS!

F100

join:2013-01-15
Durham, NC
Same thing on Chat for me in the NC Market. I went ahead and filed a compliant with the State Attorney General's office since they manage the franchise for TWC in NC. Probably won't get anywhere but I want to have standard prices available if I want to compare services, no promo rates. That said, I never paid full price, I always just called to get another promo for internet only. It's the way they want you to play the game.

SHoTTa35

@optonline.net

Re: Will TWC ever increase upload speed, ever?

Optimum Online (aka Cablevision in the NYC region) has a 101/15Mbps plan. I'm on the 50/8Mbps plan which is $44.95 during promo then $65 or so after. The 101 plan is $99.

This is all without upstream bonding I might add, can't wait for them to at least do that so it can be 50/20 or something like that

mattmac

join:2011-03-27
West Palm Beach, FL

Re: Will TWC ever increase upload speed, ever?

I would love to get anything that you guys are talking about AT&T u-verse which is terrible with pair bonding I get 12 Mb down and barely one up
$56 Mo.