how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Wapcaplet

join:2005-03-31
Pasadena, CA
reply to dslx_nick

Re: [ADSL2] Speedstream 4100 with Fusion service?

said by dslx_nick:

Edit: Ah-hah! Yes. Confirmed, that model should work, as long as it doesn't have any branded firmware locking it to another provider.

My Speedstream has SBC firmware, as I used to have SBC/Yahoo DSL before switching to DSL Extreme. I'm guessing that it should work with Fusion because it already works on DSL Extreme's network, right?

dslx_nick
Premium,VIP
join:2011-12-24
Chatsworth, CA
kudos:27

Yeah, that shouldn't be a problem. It's only on some of the newest models that we've seen them being a bit more... aggressive about locking down their modems. If you're able to use your modem with DSL Extreme DSL, it should work just fine with DSL Extreme Fusion.

Wapcaplet

join:2005-03-31
Pasadena, CA

said by dslx_nick:

If you're able to use your modem with DSL Extreme DSL, it should work just fine with DSL Extreme Fusion.

So I just went through the first steps to order Fusion and came across this warning when I select "I will use my current modem":

Compatible Modems: Comtrend CT-5072T or D-Link DSL-2320B - View Picture
Yes, I have one of these modems. These are the only modems compatible with our Fusion service

So are we able to use any compatible ADSL2+ modem, or are we restricted to these two models?

dslx_gm
Premium,VIP
join:2002-12-26
Chatsworth, CA
kudos:17

said by Wapcaplet:

So are we able to use any compatible ADSL2+ modem, or are we restricted to these two models?

Currently existing clients can use any compatible ADSL2+ modem and it aren't forced to take a modem lease from us if you do not already have one. You do need an ADSL2+ modem or your line would default to ADSL1 when it syncs and won't be able to obtain any higher than ADSL1 rates of course.
--
George
General Manager
DSL Extreme
Will work for reviews.