spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Readme

join:2010-05-18

2 Bell agents try to convince me to switch from Videotron

Bell just sent 2 sales agents at my door to convince me to switch from Videotron. They were quite aggressive I would say.
First thing I asked them was: "What? You're losing so many clients now that you need to show up to their door to sell them your services?"
It pissed them off right on the spot, and they started bashing videotron and their "700,000 clients" vs "4 Milion bell clients".
They came in with the idea that I knew nothing about providers. Pretty soon, we were discussing speeds and connection signals, and I made them talk about FTTH.
They told me Bell started offering FTTH about a month ago in Montreal Nord. I looked at him a bit dazzled, not sure what to answer but quite sure he was lying just to get out of my technical specific questions. Can anybody confirm this?

Of course, now that I had the occasion I had to go ranting about throttling. They started by pretending they don't know what that means. When I explained them what it means, they changed the subject.

We continued going back and forth about all the aspects why I won't switch to Bell, including all the reviews around here and the bill errors, and ended up with me asking for their card to contact them "in case I become interested". They refused to give me a card and only waived their Bell badge in my face saying they are not allowed to give a card, and that in this sector they are offering "special prices". So I asked them to tell me about their so "special prices". They offered me Fibe 25 for 49.95$/month. When I asked how is that different from what's currently displayed on their website, they said they don't know what price is on the website but this is a special offer they're making me, while heading towards the door, knowing they'd never make a sale here.

What is this new practice? I understood them sending me tons of offers by snail mail, calling me every week until I put my number on the no calling list, but now they're showing up at my door? How desperate are these people?

BigBlarg

join:2008-02-10
Longueuil, QC
kudos:1
Reviews:
·ELECTRONICBOX

said by Readme:

Of course, now that I had the occasion I had to go ranting about throttling. They started by pretending they don't know what that means. When I explained them what it means, they changed the subject.

I'm quite sure they stopped throttling by now. Or maybe it's only for wholesale customers?

motoracer

join:2003-09-15
united state
reply to Readme

Sounds like you were being unnecessarily rude to people doing their jobs trying to make a living. You could have just said no thanks and let them be on their way.

Jo1985

join:2007-07-21
Laval, QC
reply to BigBlarg

Je ne crois pas qu'il font du throttling malgré que j'arrive rarement à 3mo/sec en torrent. Depuis que j'ai mis mon firewall et que je bloque certaine connexion svchost et des connexion entrante quand je démarre un telechargement sur utorrent,ma vitesse frôle le 3mo/sec.

Mais en DDL avec IDM je fait mon 3.3-3.4mo/sec.Mais bon,je serai plus de se monde bientot.

Door2Door

@videotron.ca
reply to Readme

said by Readme:

1. Bell just sent 2 sales agents at my door to convince me to switch from Videotron. They were quite aggressive I would say.
First thing I asked them was: "What? You're losing so many clients now that you need to show up to their door to sell them your services?"

2. It pissed them off right on the spot, and they started bashing videotron and their "700,000 clients" vs "4 Milion bell clients".

3. They came in with the idea that I knew nothing about providers. Pretty soon, we were discussing speeds and connection signals, and I made them talk about FTTH.
They told me Bell started offering FTTH about a month ago in Montreal Nord. I looked at him a bit dazzled, not sure what to answer but quite sure he was lying just to get out of my technical specific questions. Can anybody confirm this?

4. Of course, now that I had the occasion I had to go ranting about throttling. They started by pretending they don't know what that means. When I explained them what it means, they changed the subject.

5. We continued going back and forth about all the aspects why I won't switch to Bell, including all the reviews around here and the bill errors, and ended up with me asking for their card to contact them "in case I become interested". They refused to give me a card and only waived their Bell badge in my face saying they are not allowed to give a card, and that in this sector they are offering "special prices". So I asked them to tell me about their so "special prices". They offered me Fibe 25 for 49.95$/month. When I asked how is that different from what's currently displayed on their website, they said they don't know what price is on the website but this is a special offer they're making me, while heading towards the door, knowing they'd never make a sale here.

6. What is this new practice? I understood them sending me tons of offers by snail mail, calling me every week until I put my number on the no calling list, but now they're showing up at my door? How desperate are these people?

1. Check with your city, and check with the Office de la protection du consommateur (»www.opc.gouv.qc.ca/) about door-2-door sales. Unlike door-2-door solicitation in Ontario, in many cases these sales people need a permit which the *have* to show you.

No permit = fine

If you are in a city that requires this (check the city by-laws webpage), then you should make a formal complaint in writing.

2. Why did they compare Videotron *provincial* number to Bell Country-wide numbers? Fact of the matter is, Videotron has more. They lied to you.

3. That is the Bell way, try and dazzle you by saying we have this and that, then they forget to tell you that you can never get it. Same old story. Years worth of this in the Bell forum here. Most all lies and more lies. Lies are Bell's strongest point. I believe they do indeed have the most lies. More than videotron, that's for sure!

4. Are you surprised? It didn't fit in with their Bell lies. Best to pretend it doesn't exist.

5. Refer to #1. I don't believe they can do this. You may also want to contact the local police so they can put a twitter notice up to warn people.

6. How desperate are these people? Very. Bell stated they were very desperate in media releases to get back in the #1 spot in Quebec. And as usual they will break the law, commit fraud, break by-laws and laws, and lie to your face to do it. Nothing new here. Same old.

Hope I answered a couple of your questions. Now go look into the by-laws and the consumer link. Then call the cops and file a complaint. I think you know why they had no card to give you while at your door now.

hm

@videotron.ca
reply to BigBlarg

said by BigBlarg:

said by Readme:

I'm quite sure they stopped throttling by now. Or maybe it's only for wholesale customers?

In some area's (or communities) where they didn't bother to do any upgrades, or in some area's where they have congestion, they do indeed still throttle. Little pockets of places scattered all around.

Readme

reply to Door2Door

@Door2Door, thanks for the replies.
I just spoke to a friend and he raised up the question:
"What if they weren't actually from Bell, and were just trying to commit fraud by getting me to sign up with them and paying something on the spot or just collecting my personal information for identity theft purposes?"

It got me thinking because for
1: They didn't come in a Bell branded car, it was a personal dark red Buick (from what I could see from my door).
2: They refused to give me a business card when I asked.
3: They did have bell badges hanging from their necks in a plastic cover but I couldn't read them.
4: One of them left me a bell Fibe TV pamphlet (even though he was there to sell me internet connection) with his first name "Nabil" and his personal cell phone number which traces back to Rogers. (isn't that hilarious?).
For the record they both had arabic accents, and one of them confirmed to be Moroccan.

Should I be worried and call the police?

Door2Door

@videotron.ca

Chances are they were selling Bell stuff, who knows.

Check by-laws. If a permit is required, filed the complaint with both the city and cops. Let them get a file. They'll find them.

It's not often I hear of Montreal area door-2-door Bell rep's. You hear this often in Ontario though. But years back some people would do this. Bell would give people a small cut, or free access for X-users they brought in. So some people would go door-2-door. Lies and BS were ripe (still is in Ontario). Anything to make a sale to a sucker. Once the sale is done, they don't care. They just want their small cut or free access from Bell. And Bell allows this to go on.

Stand-up company, ay?

As for a "badge". heh. I never heard of a "bell badge" (keystone cops??). If some kid waved a plastic bell badge in my face I would tell them where to go.

Expand your moderator at work

junivelli

join:2011-03-07
reply to Readme

Re: 2 Bell agents try to convince me to switch from Videotron

the 2 best thing to say when those people try to sell you something,
1) For the TV : im a netflix member so i dont watch Live TV anymore,
2) For the Internet : we watch alot of netflix movies so we need a good and unlimited internet access connection,

EUS
Kill cancer
Premium
join:2002-09-10
canada
Reviews:
·voip.ms
reply to Readme

Yeah, I've had a couple of visits from bell reps going door to door.
The BS starts off right away, with FTTH promise.
When I push them, they come clean, saying FTTN.
I told them to never come back until FTTH is available.
--
~ Project Hope ~

Mitaines

join:2010-10-24
Montreal, QC
reply to motoracer

They once came to my apartment to do the same. I was the nicest I could be, even though they basically tried to get inside and have a chat with me, while I told them I wasn't interested.

They then almost laughed in my face once I told them how much I was paying for TGV30, because they supposedly had a much better offer. Which turned out to be for their slowest Internet speed.

So they were just trying to convince me aggressively that Bell is vastly superior to Videotron. It's like Bell tries to do everything wrong.

GRT

join:2007-10-14
canada

said by Mitaines:

They once came to my apartment to do the same. I was the nicest I could be, even though they basically tried to get inside and have a chat with me, while I told them I wasn't interested.

They then almost laughed in my face once I told them how much I was paying for TGV30, because they supposedly had a much better offer. Which turned out to be for their slowest Internet speed.

So they were just trying to convince me aggressively that Bell is vastly superior to Videotron. It's like Bell tries to do everything wrong.

You can call the police - NOBODY is allowed to forcefully come into your house after you tell them you are not interested and to leave. If they continue talking and fail to get out, pick up the phone and call the police. Take their names, license plates, whatever, and send a written letter to Bell CEO and report this practice.

It's ok that people do their jobs, that's one thing, but give misleading information and force themselves into your residence when you want peace and fucking quiet, that's not right.

First it was telemarketing calls to "ask how everything was going" and those mysterious Bell surveys that converted into sales pitch, and now it is door 2 door aggressive tactics. They must be desperate.

Who are they fucking kidding - their prices are a rip-off, people are switching to Bell phone because landline cost too fucking bloody much ! They have the worst customer care, very aggressive and very rude and come across as very incompetent, misleading customers, billing errors, unkept promises, etc.

If someone cannot take no for an answer you show them the door and just tell them never to show up or that you will call the police.

If any motherfucker dare show up at my door with an aggressive tone trying to sell me shit, at least they should get their story right and give proper information, if they want to do their damn job and at least come with some decent offer not some garbage.

You have a right to your privacy, you are in your home, and I can't believe you let them in despite telling those idiots that you were not interested. They broke a law right there to begin with when they should have turned their ass around and left.

Guess you are patient.

I always get telemarketing calls from them and always have a nice chat with them proving they are GARBAGE from a to z, and so far all of the poor telemarketing agent were speechless and did not know how to respond because they knew I was right, just that they don't expect that some people they are calling actually work for their competition or knows more about the service than their stupid little script they are told to read from.

I didn't know it was a practice for Bell to be doing that, from what I recall they did this through their customer contact center, as they have a list of people who switch and they call those by phone, I guess things must have changed now or you dealt with outside reps or fraud artists impersonating Bell.....who knows.

I would never have let those jokers in my house.

With Videotron phone service you save more than $50 a month - w hat a damn rip-off, and their internet ? it blows ! I've been with Bell for a long time and it was HELL....(that's why people call them BHELL....) - Videotron is very expensive in some areas and the prices go up motherfuckers and it's getting excessive, but compared to Bell, they are a far distance better in all aspects.

Readme

They also got into my house after I told them I was not interested. They asked to let them tell me why Bell is better than Videotron and that it was cold outside and maybe if they could just get in and we close the door. I was feeling talkative and wanted to prove them how garbage their services are so I let them in. (For the record, I'm a guy and I had another solid guy with me in my house, so I wasn't really afraid of them trying anything...).

Freaking desperate...

Mitaines

join:2010-10-24
Montreal, QC
reply to GRT

said by GRT:

I can't believe you let them in despite telling those idiots that you were not interested.

Oh, don't worry, after they asked me a few times to get inside and I still wouldn't let them in, they just stood by the door while they were trying to sell their stuff.

Still were annoying as hell, though.

vitesse

join:2002-12-17
Saint-Jean-Sur-Richelieu, QC
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·ELECTRONICBOX
·Bell Sympatico
·Videotron
reply to Readme

I do think this is necessary to be rude with them to get the peace of mind of never seeing them again.

They where calling every week to make me an offer and try to explain me than internet 5 on the ATM network was way faster than my 60mbps cable connection, they tried everything to get me has a client, on the last call I was so rude, then I'm sure the representative has not been able to sleep for the entire night. This is sad, but at one moment when they refuse to stop border you, you need to do something. It proved to be successful I never get a call from Bell since that. Now they send us paper to destroy valuable three.

BTW they still lying on their web site: on the Internet 5 with 15gb per month you can read: More upload and download speeds

The only thing commercially available here slower than that is 56k technology I wonder to what kind of service they are comparing.
--
Connection: ElectronicBox 60mbps / 3mbps
Bilingual DSLR ElectronicBox Forum: »ELECTRONICBOX

Expand your moderator at work

julienvf

join:2008-12-30
Verdun, QC
Reviews:
·Acanac
reply to Readme

Re: 2 Bell agents try to convince me to switch from Videotron

said by Readme:

They also got into my house after I told them I was not interested. They asked to let them tell me why Bell is better than Videotron and that it was cold outside and maybe if they could just get in and we close the door. I was feeling talkative and wanted to prove them how garbage their services are so I let them in. (For the record, I'm a guy and I had another solid guy with me in my house, so I wasn't really afraid of them trying anything...).

Freaking desperate...

They probably work at no hourly rate, just on commission %, that's why they're so aggressive. For your internet, it's not about the speed, it's all about bandwith caps. For instance, if they offered you Fibe 25 on VDSL, you'll have something like a 250gb cap meaning you forgive one night in a month your torrents seeding and you will go over that limit in a timely manner. I'd get Teksavvy 5mbps by cable prior to that or look at the independent ISP's prior to the bad Bhell guys!

GuiGQc

join:2012-02-22
Gatineau, QC
reply to Readme

said by Readme:

"What if they weren't actually from Bell, and were just trying to commit fraud by getting me to sign up with them and paying something on the spot or just collecting my personal information for identity theft purposes?"

1: They didn't come in a Bell branded car, it was a personal dark red Buick (from what I could see from my door).
3: They did have bell badges hanging from their necks in a plastic cover but I couldn't read them.
4: One of them left me a bell Fibe TV pamphlet (even though he was there to sell me internet connection) with his first name "Nabil" and his personal cell phone number which traces back to Rogers. (isn't that hilarious?).
For the record they both had arabic accents, and one of them confirmed to be Moroccan.

Call Bell and ask them if he works for them (giving them his employee number, his name, etc).

GRT

canada
reply to Readme

said by Readme:

Freaking desperate...

LOL - that's funny - so perhaps that solid guy with you was Clark Kent and he could dodge bullets ???? Never can trust anybody nowadays especially with all the crazy fucks roaming the city and all the home invasions, I would not trust anybody in my house. You can be tall and "solid" but nowadays crazy people roaming the city with big guns lol. Also you can imagine those door to door scam...I mean sales people probably get tons of rejection, so you may be their 1000th rejection of the day and you never know when they will "Lose it" and what they could do.......

GRT

canada
reply to Mitaines

said by Mitaines:

said by GRT:

I can't believe you let them in despite telling those idiots that you were not interested.

Oh, don't worry, after they asked me a few times to get inside and I still wouldn't let them in, they just stood by the door while they were trying to sell their stuff.

Still were annoying as hell, though.

I have an idea - next time these poor desperate and clueless people show up to sell you something, give them precious advice (probably the best advice they will receive in their life!) Why the hell work for Bell ??? They should apply for Videotron, get proper training and go door to door to convince people why Bell is over expensive garbage and have people switching over...... They would get far less rejection all they have to do is ask the magical question, that's it...."ARE YOU happy with your over sized Bell bill ? " and what better, the BS people, at least now with the money they save they will be able to play more and drink more.

Win-win ???

BingoRingo

join:2010-03-29
Gatineau, QC
Reviews:
·voip.ms

said by GRT:

I have an idea - next time these poor desperate and clueless people show up to sell you something, give them precious advice (probably the best advice they will receive in their life!) Why the hell work for Bell ??? They should apply for Videotron, get proper training and go door to door to convince people why Bell is over expensive garbage and have people switching over...... They would get far less rejection all they have to do is ask the magical question, that's it...."ARE YOU happy with your over sized Bell bill ? " and what better, the BS people, at least now with the money they save they will be able to play more and drink more.

Win-win ???

Sales people don't care who they work for; they just want to close a deal and get a commission.

GRT

canada

They would close more deals with Videotron, that and honestly feel bad for the ones who work at the contact center doing both customer service and telemarketing - they have a quota and performance.

BingoRingo

Gatineau, QC
Reviews:
·voip.ms

said by GRT:

They would close more deals with Videotron, that and honestly feel bad for the ones who work at the contact center doing both customer service and telemarketing - they have a quota and performance.

I guess Bell targets the areas where Vidéotron has a strong presence, so there is money to be made.

And working there is a good lesson in life. Go to school. Well, actually, I know a few people who have bachelors degrees in history and sociology who work in places like this...

laff

@videotron.ca

said by BingoRingo:

I know a few people who have bachelors degrees in history and sociology who work in places like this...

Not much else you're going to do in life with degree's in those two things

GRT

canada

Correction to the above - you should include "not in Quebec", because in Quebec there are no jobs, there is only corruption, unemployment and BS and crime. And if you are the few lucky ones to get a job, you get raped more than 50% of your income, not even including the criminally high level of taxes you are paying, that we all know goes where........

So don't tell him he can't get a job with those degree, maybe not in this republic of banana, but surely elsewhere.

BingoRingo

Gatineau, QC
Reviews:
·voip.ms

said by GRT:

Correction to the above - you should include "not in Quebec", because in Quebec there are no jobs, there is only corruption, unemployment and BS and crime. And if you are the few lucky ones to get a job, you get raped more than 50% of your income, not even including the criminally high level of taxes you are paying, that we all know goes where........

So don't tell him he can't get a job with those degree, maybe not in this republic of banana, but surely elsewhere.

No no, all in Ottawa my friend!

GRT

canada

said by BingoRingo:

said by GRT:

Oh ok then you are safe

I think our friend Mr. Harper should grow some balls and do something about this pandemic of telemarketing and growing number of scams...He should also do something about market research / surveys - People are fed up of being called, fed up of being bothered by any form of soliciting.

BingoRingo

Gatineau, QC
Reviews:
·voip.ms

said by GRT:

said by BingoRingo:

said by GRT:

Oh ok then you are safe

I think our friend Mr. Harper should grow some balls and do something about this pandemic of telemarketing and growing number of scams...He should also do something about market research / surveys - People are fed up of being called, fed up of being bothered by any form of soliciting.

Well for telemarketers there is the Do Not Call List, and for those who can still call you they usually accept requests to be removed from their list.

The big problem lies with scammers who call from oversea "BBBBBiiip This is your Captain speaking. You won a cruise anywhere in the carribeans, to claim your prize press 1"

zacron
Premium
join:2008-11-26
canada
reply to Readme

said by Readme:

Wonder if it was the same "Nabil" from Hamilton?
--
"Recognize, Realize, and Repent"