share rss forum feed

GRT

join:2007-10-14
canada
reply to Mitaines

Re: 2 Bell agents try to convince me to switch from Videotron

said by Mitaines:

said by GRT:

I can't believe you let them in despite telling those idiots that you were not interested.

Oh, don't worry, after they asked me a few times to get inside and I still wouldn't let them in, they just stood by the door while they were trying to sell their stuff.

Still were annoying as hell, though.

I have an idea - next time these poor desperate and clueless people show up to sell you something, give them precious advice (probably the best advice they will receive in their life!) Why the hell work for Bell ??? They should apply for Videotron, get proper training and go door to door to convince people why Bell is over expensive garbage and have people switching over...... They would get far less rejection all they have to do is ask the magical question, that's it...."ARE YOU happy with your over sized Bell bill ? " and what better, the BS people, at least now with the money they save they will be able to play more and drink more.

Win-win ???

BingoRingo

join:2010-03-29
Gatineau, QC
kudos:1
Reviews:
·voip.ms

said by GRT:

I have an idea - next time these poor desperate and clueless people show up to sell you something, give them precious advice (probably the best advice they will receive in their life!) Why the hell work for Bell ??? They should apply for Videotron, get proper training and go door to door to convince people why Bell is over expensive garbage and have people switching over...... They would get far less rejection all they have to do is ask the magical question, that's it...."ARE YOU happy with your over sized Bell bill ? " and what better, the BS people, at least now with the money they save they will be able to play more and drink more.

Win-win ???

Sales people don't care who they work for; they just want to close a deal and get a commission.

GRT

canada

They would close more deals with Videotron, that and honestly feel bad for the ones who work at the contact center doing both customer service and telemarketing - they have a quota and performance.

BingoRingo

Gatineau, QC
Reviews:
·voip.ms

said by GRT:

They would close more deals with Videotron, that and honestly feel bad for the ones who work at the contact center doing both customer service and telemarketing - they have a quota and performance.

I guess Bell targets the areas where Vidéotron has a strong presence, so there is money to be made.

And working there is a good lesson in life. Go to school. Well, actually, I know a few people who have bachelors degrees in history and sociology who work in places like this...

laff

@videotron.ca

said by BingoRingo:

I know a few people who have bachelors degrees in history and sociology who work in places like this...

Not much else you're going to do in life with degree's in those two things

GRT

canada

Correction to the above - you should include "not in Quebec", because in Quebec there are no jobs, there is only corruption, unemployment and BS and crime. And if you are the few lucky ones to get a job, you get raped more than 50% of your income, not even including the criminally high level of taxes you are paying, that we all know goes where........

So don't tell him he can't get a job with those degree, maybe not in this republic of banana, but surely elsewhere.

BingoRingo

Gatineau, QC
Reviews:
·voip.ms

said by GRT:

Correction to the above - you should include "not in Quebec", because in Quebec there are no jobs, there is only corruption, unemployment and BS and crime. And if you are the few lucky ones to get a job, you get raped more than 50% of your income, not even including the criminally high level of taxes you are paying, that we all know goes where........

So don't tell him he can't get a job with those degree, maybe not in this republic of banana, but surely elsewhere.

No no, all in Ottawa my friend!

GRT

canada

said by BingoRingo:

said by GRT:

Oh ok then you are safe

I think our friend Mr. Harper should grow some balls and do something about this pandemic of telemarketing and growing number of scams...He should also do something about market research / surveys - People are fed up of being called, fed up of being bothered by any form of soliciting.

BingoRingo

Gatineau, QC
Reviews:
·voip.ms

said by GRT:

said by BingoRingo:

said by GRT:

Oh ok then you are safe

I think our friend Mr. Harper should grow some balls and do something about this pandemic of telemarketing and growing number of scams...He should also do something about market research / surveys - People are fed up of being called, fed up of being bothered by any form of soliciting.

Well for telemarketers there is the Do Not Call List, and for those who can still call you they usually accept requests to be removed from their list.

The big problem lies with scammers who call from oversea "BBBBBiiip This is your Captain speaking. You won a cruise anywhere in the carribeans, to claim your prize press 1"

zacron
Premium
join:2008-11-26
canada
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to Readme

said by Readme:

@Door2Door, thanks for the replies.
I just spoke to a friend and he raised up the question:
"What if they weren't actually from Bell, and were just trying to commit fraud by getting me to sign up with them and paying something on the spot or just collecting my personal information for identity theft purposes?"

It got me thinking because for
1: They didn't come in a Bell branded car, it was a personal dark red Buick (from what I could see from my door).
2: They refused to give me a business card when I asked.
3: They did have bell badges hanging from their necks in a plastic cover but I couldn't read them.
4: One of them left me a bell Fibe TV pamphlet (even though he was there to sell me internet connection) with his first name "Nabil" and his personal cell phone number which traces back to Rogers. (isn't that hilarious?).
For the record they both had arabic accents, and one of them confirmed to be Moroccan.

Should I be worried and call the police?

Wonder if it was the same "Nabil" from Hamilton?
--
"Recognize, Realize, and Repent"

GRT

canada
reply to BingoRingo

said by BingoRingo:

Well for telemarketers there is the Do Not Call List, and for those who can still call you they usually accept requests to be removed from their list.

The big problem lies with scammers who call from oversea "BBBBBiiip This is your Captain speaking. You won a cruise anywhere in the carribeans, to claim your prize press 1"

Right, and I'm willing to bet some people do press 1.... You probably get transferred to a telemarketer who tries to convince you that you have to pay money in taxes to secure your travel lol.

OR.......they make you pay some taxes and send you "somewhere" in the Caribbean perhaps an abandoned warehouse lol.

The DO NOT CALL list only applies to telemarketers. Market research firms are exempt and have the immunity to harass you. EVEN if you refuse to answer a survey,they can CALL you back again and again, as they try to recover some refusals. This is common practice and a grey area as no law has yet to punish a market research firm for doing so.

In my opinion I think the do not call list should apply to BOTH, telemarketers AND survey companies.

BOTHERING people over the phone is no way to conduct ANY business whether soliciting or research...

most of the motherfuckers who call here are overseas scams, and it's a shame because telemarketers have RUINED it for all the other few honest companies out there who are required to contact people by phone...... Once you get called 10 times a day from those bloody pricks, you kinda get fed up and you don't want to listen to anybody else.