A Lurker
that's Ms Lurker btw
Premium Member
join:2007-10-27
Wellington N

A Lurker to TOPDAWG

Premium Member

to TOPDAWG

Re: Student loans why don't some people pay them back?

said by TOPDAWG:

Debt scares the bleep out of me. I've never been in debt well other then my student loan when I owed on it. I'm pretty careful with money and budget pretty good. I got a CC but pay it off in full each month only ever had to pay interest once as I forgot to pay it on time. I also paid for 2 of my college terms myself and skipped getting more loan money.

Keep that attitude and hopefully that will serve you well. I've done my best to avoid debt. I don't count a small equity loan against a paid off home. I pay my cc each month, pay down the equity loan, and try to keep myself in the best financial situation that I can.

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

said by A Lurker:

Keep that attitude and hopefully that will serve you well. I've done my best to avoid debt. I don't count a small equity loan against a paid off home. I pay my cc each month, pay down the equity loan, and try to keep myself in the best financial situation that I can.

There's a difference between making debt work for you and the far more common situation where you work for your debt. Unfortunately, many people don't know the difference and end up fearing debt for no reason other than it is debt. That in of itself is rather foolish.