uniqs

dslx_gm
ISP Employee
join:2002-12-26
Chatsworth, CA

dslx_gm

ISP Employee

Introducing DSL Extreme Fusion Broadband + Phone

DSL Extreme is excited to announce our soft launch of DSL Extreme Fusion Broadband +Phone service. The service is now available to all existing DSL Extreme clients in qualifying service areas. To see if your location qualifies please visit our Members section and select the Modify your Internet link.

DSL Extreme Fusion Broadband +Phone is now available to our existing clients being served out of 53 AT&T central offices in the greater Los Angeles area and 13 central offices in the greater Sacramento area. We wanted to give our existing valued clients the first opportunity to upgrade to this new platform and plan on opening it up to new clients in the next few weeks.

What does the bundled service include?

•High Speed Internet with speeds up to 20Mbps down and 1Mbps up. Your line will sync at the highest rate that it can sustain based on your distance from the central office and quality of your phone line. Unlike other services we don’t arbitrarily limit the sync rate on your line. We offer one simple package and allow your line to sync at the highest rate that it can hold.

• Unlimited downloads with NO bandwidth caps

• Internet service provisioned with dynamic IP via DHCP with the option to upgrade to 1, 4 or 8 static IPs for a minimal monthly fee.

• Traditional Home Phone service. Since this is not VoIP it doesn’t require any additional hardware and your phones (non cordless) will continue to work in a power outage. It’s easy and reliable.

• Unlimited nationwide calling to call 50 states plus Guam, Puerto Rico, and US Virgin Islands.

• “Free Talk” – Up to 8 hours of free International calling to select International areas. For a list of locations included in “Free Talk” and International rates please check our International rate table on our website.

• Standard phone features that you expect like 911, 611, voicemail, call waiting, call forwarding, three way calling, caller ID with name and many more.

• Free DSL modem lease – after one time shipping and handling fee and one time CA use tax. We warranty the modem for as long as you have the service. We are currently shipping D-Link 2320B and Comtrend 5072 modems. Existing customers with one of those modems or a compatible ADSL2+ modem can continue to use their own.

How much does it cost?

DSL Extreme Fusion Broadband +Phone service is available to new and existing “first time” Fusion Broadband +Phone customers for $39.95 per month plus applicable taxes and fees under a one year contract. Taxes and fees vary based on your area and location. Estimated taxes and fees for your area can be found on our website. After your one year term clients accounts will go to month-to-month account at the then current month-to-month rate. The current month-to-month rate is $44.95.

customer
@dslextreme.com

customer

Anon

Hi George. Can you please provide more details about the phone feature. By signing up to this package, does that mean a phone line with AT&T is no longer needed, and DSL Extreme would be the telephone company? I'm not understanding how this works since you said it's not VoIP (like vonage).

dslx_gm
ISP Employee
Chatsworth, CA

dslx_gm

ISP Employee

said by customer :

By signing up to this package, does that mean a phone line with AT&T is no longer needed, and DSL Extreme would be the telephone company? I'm not understanding how this works since you said it's not VoIP (like vonage).

That is correct. When signing up for service if you have existing AT&T phone service (all of our current clients in AT&T areas do), your phone number will be ported to us and you will no longer need your AT&T phone service. This is a bundled package of both the Internet and phone service. The phone service is a traditional phone service and not VoIP. It uses the existing phone lines to carry the service to your location and gets power from the central office. It doesn't require any additional hardware like a VoIP service would.

Thanks,

customer
@dslextreme.com

customer

Anon

quote:
That is correct. When signing up for service if you have existing AT&T phone service (all of our current clients in AT&T areas do), your phone number will be ported to us and you will no longer need your AT&T phone service. This is a bundled package of both the Internet and phone service. The phone service is a traditional phone service and not VoIP. It uses the existing phone lines to carry the service to your location and gets power from the central office. It doesn't require any additional hardware like a VoIP service would.
Thanks for the info. I never knew that is possible. When you say it uses existing phone lines, I assume that means no re-wiring is needed right? Also can someone revert back to AT&T and regular DSL without any hassles or would they be locked into Fusion for good?

dslx_gm
ISP Employee
Chatsworth, CA

dslx_gm

ISP Employee

said by customer :

Thanks for the info. I never knew that is possible. When you say it uses existing phone lines, I assume that means no re-wiring is needed right? Also can someone revert back to AT&T and regular DSL without any hassles or would they be locked into Fusion for good?

Clients with AT&T phone service are the easiest to convert to the new platform. That is good news for all of our existing clients! Since the line is already connected, in nearly all instances the line will change over and won't require any rewiring. In our initial testing we haven't encountered a conversion order like that which required any rewiring. With that said the service is guaranteed up to the MPOE/NID and any inside wiring would be the customers responsibility. I have to give the disclaimer.

Clients can switch back to regular AT&T phone service and standard DSL through DSL Extreme if they so choose. We don't know why you would but you aren't locked in (outside of any contract commitments) and can change back if you wish.

Goophy629
Premium Member
join:2013-01-02
Oakland, CA

Goophy629 to dslx_gm

Premium Member

to dslx_gm
Looks like it's ADSL2+ time now, looking forward to seeing these options available in att areas.

PS: would definitely go for it if it could really provide 20/1M at my location...or 30/mon for about 8/1M.
PNelson
join:2012-03-23

PNelson to dslx_gm

to dslx_gm
Is this only for AT&T supplied areas? What about Verizon supplied areas?

Drew1
join:2002-04-02
Culver City, CA

Drew1 to dslx_gm

to dslx_gm
Greetings, George,
Two questions: I qualify for Fusion Broadband + Phone and I'm interested in the service, but long, long ago (11 years) when I set up DSL Extreme service at my current location we had a nasty issue with my modem - something to do with the RW/RN settings or something like that.

If I order the Fusion service and get a new modem (which, likely is advised given my current modems' age) am I going to be down for a week as I was before?
That kind of downtime was not acceptable then, it isn't now and I will not risk such a debacle once again no matter the benefits.

Secondly, There may be the possibility that I could move within the next year.
If I sign up for the Fusion Broadband service for the stipulated year contract, what are the cancellation fees, if any?

Thank you for any answers that you can provide.

Drew

dslx_gm
ISP Employee
Chatsworth, CA

dslx_gm to PNelson

ISP Employee

to PNelson
said by PNelson:

Yes - This is currently only available to select AT&T areas.

WiFiguru
To infinity... and beyond
Premium Member
join:2005-06-21
Seattle, WA

WiFiguru

Premium Member

said by dslx_gm:

said by PNelson:

Yes - This is currently only available to select AT&T areas.

Very nice move for DSLExtreme. Wish I was in an AT&T area =/

norbert26
Premium Member
join:2010-08-10
Warwick, RI

norbert26

Premium Member

+1
elray
join:2000-12-16
Santa Monica, CA

elray to dslx_gm

to dslx_gm
Phone tax should be about $12 in Los Angeles.

Will this offering also be subject to the double-secret "Service Supplier Recovery" fee?

How much is the "free modem" use tax and shipping charge?

dslx_gm
ISP Employee
Chatsworth, CA

dslx_gm

ISP Employee

Hi elray See Profile,

The phone taxes and fees in general are approximately $12.00 per month but it can vary slightly by city. There is a page during the order process where you can type in your city and it will give you the current estimate. Keep in mind those can change.

Yes, there is a Supplier Surcharge Recovery included in the taxes and fees that is on the broadband portion of $2.88.

The modem shipping and handling cost is $14.95 and there is a one time CA Use Tax which is currently $2.48.

Thanks,
George
dslx_gm

dslx_gm to Drew1

ISP Employee

to Drew1
said by Drew1:

Greetings, George,
Two questions: I qualify for Fusion Broadband + Phone and I'm interested in the service, but long, long ago (11 years) when I set up DSL Extreme service at my current location we had a nasty issue with my modem - something to do with the RW/RN settings or something like that.

If I order the Fusion service and get a new modem (which, likely is advised given my current modems' age) am I going to be down for a week as I was before?
That kind of downtime was not acceptable then, it isn't now and I will not risk such a debacle once again no matter the benefits.

Secondly, There may be the possibility that I could move within the next year.
If I sign up for the Fusion Broadband service for the stipulated year contract, what are the cancellation fees, if any?

Thank you for any answers that you can provide.

Drew

Hi Drew1 See Profile,

Looks like I may have missed your question in the thread. I am not fully understanding your first question though. It sounds like you currently have DSL service with DSL Extreme and are using your own modem. Is that correct? What modem do you currently use? If it is a modem from 11 years ago it likely won't support ADSL2+ and you would need another modem.

If you are under a one year contract and move to a new location, if your new location qualifies for service you will have the option to move the service to the new location. That would require signing up for a new one year agreement at the new location. If the new location doesn't qualify for service then you would still be responsible for the early term fee on the account or the remaining months of service, whichever is less. If you know that you are going to move within the next year the month-to-month plan would likely be a better option for you.

Thanks
elray
join:2000-12-16
Santa Monica, CA

elray to dslx_gm

to dslx_gm
So we have $17 in non-recurring charges.

$55/month for the first year.
$60-61/month thereafter.

Not bad if you use the phone a lot and you're a few blocks from the CO.

dcpoor
@sbcglobal.net

dcpoor to dslx_gm

Anon

to dslx_gm
Will DSL Extreme also offer the Annex M (»wiki.sonic.net/wiki/Annex_M_FAQ) configuration like Sonic?

quote from Sonic's page
Customizable profiles allow you to prioritize your traffic for your upstream or downstream speed preference. Upstream speed for a line is up to 1Mbps in the standard configuration (Annex A), or up to 2.5Mbps with upstream priority configuration (Annex M). For details, see the Annex M FAQ.
Thanks.

dslx_gm
ISP Employee
Chatsworth, CA

dslx_gm

ISP Employee

The platform will support Annex M. Currently if you want that enabled you will need to submit a ticket with our support team to have it enabled. In the future we hope to be able to incorporate that into our Members section so clients will have the option to make the change on their own.

Thanks

Goophy629
Premium Member
join:2013-01-02
Oakland, CA

Goophy629

Premium Member

Any foreseeable update in Oakland area? Thanks~

dslx_gm
ISP Employee
Chatsworth, CA

dslx_gm

ISP Employee

said by Goophy629:

Any foreseeable update in Oakland area? Thanks~

Not at this time. If anything changes we will let you know.
alphabet2543
join:2009-01-10
Sacramento, CA

alphabet2543 to dslx_gm

to dslx_gm
If I don't qualify for Fusion at Sonic's website, I assume I don't qualify for this either.

dslx_gm
ISP Employee
Chatsworth, CA

dslx_gm

ISP Employee

Hi alphabet2543 See Profile,

Current DSL Extreme users can check in our Members section at »www.dslextreme.com/members to see if they qualify by selecting the "Modify my Internet" link. We haven't rolled it out to new customers quite yet. That will be coming shortly. Check back in about a week and we would be able to tell you for sure if you qualify.

Thanks
orum
Premium Member
join:2005-03-22
Sunnyvale, CA

orum

Premium Member

When I attempt to do the check at the Members section, I get a message that I will not be able to renew my DSL package nor switch to a month to month package until next fall when my 1 year contract for DSL is up.

So, does this mean (a) Fusion service is not available in my area yet (I know the other provider does offer it here) or (b) I can't switch to Fusion until my contract is up, or both?

dslx_gm
ISP Employee
Chatsworth, CA

dslx_gm

ISP Employee

Hi orum See Profile,

We aren't currently offering the service in your specific area. Sorry!

Thanks
Brian3527
join:2002-07-08
Riverside, CA

Brian3527 to dslx_gm

to dslx_gm
Not showing up in my available services. I am in a AT&T area in the greater LA basin, Riverside precisely. Have to assume I am not on one of the 50+ COs? Are there plans to expand the service areas?

zbestwun2001
join:2005-12-08
Van Nuys, CA

zbestwun2001 to dslx_gm

to dslx_gm
said by dslx_gm:

Hi alphabet2543 See Profile,

Current DSL Extreme users can check in our Members section at »www.dslextreme.com/members to see if they qualify by selecting the "Modify my Internet" link. We haven't rolled it out to new customers quite yet. That will be coming shortly. Check back in about a week and we would be able to tell you for sure if you qualify.

Thanks

I'm ''Good To Go" and waiting to hear the details?
George, just post them here ...just between you and I.
zbestwun2001

zbestwun2001 to dslx_gm

to dslx_gm
George,
Will this have WiFi?

Can we port our current VoIP number...I don't think it's possible because this is the line my DSL comes in on?

Also, will the download and upload speeds be faster?

Right now I have 6 down, (5+ really) and 645 up. Will either of them increase?

Looking forward to this.....

dslx_gm
ISP Employee
Chatsworth, CA

dslx_gm to Brian3527

ISP Employee

to Brian3527
said by Brian3527:

Not showing up in my available services. I am in a AT&T area in the greater LA basin, Riverside precisely. Have to assume I am not on one of the 50+ COs? Are there plans to expand the service areas?

The initial rollout included 50+ contiguous central offices in western Los Angeles County, extending as far south as Long Beach, north as the San Fernando Valley, and including some areas as far east as Arcadia, Montebello, Glendale, and Pasadena.

There are plans to expand into the AT&T central offices further south-east later this year.

Thanks
dslx_gm

dslx_gm to zbestwun2001

ISP Employee

to zbestwun2001
Hi zbestwun2001 See Profile,

Initially we are using the Comtrend 5072T and D-Link 2320B modems with the service which are basic DSL modems without WiFi. As with our standard DSL service clients can connect a router with WiFi capabilities behind the modem to use the connection with WiFi. We are looking at offering a modem down the line that has an integrated router and WiFi but that won't be for a bit.

You will want to port your existing landline number that is tied to your DSL connection first. Processing your order that way will ensure a smoother transition as the connection will run over your existing connected line that is a known good line. After moving over we can try to port your VOIP line and replace the current landline number with the VOIP number. We are able to port all landlines and should be able to do VOIP numbers as well. We aren't able to port mobile numbers to the platform.

Based on your estimated distance which is a little over 5,000 feet you should see an increase in both upload and download speeds. I can't guarantee anything of course but you should see an increase.

We are happy you are as excited as we are. Look forward to having you on the new platform Steve!

Thanks,
GM
Brian3527
join:2002-07-08
Riverside, CA

Brian3527 to dslx_gm

to dslx_gm
Awesome! I'll be patiently waiting! I can wait to drop my AT&T METERED landline, that is now up to almost $30 a month. I only have it because I want DSL and can't get a dry loop. This would be a sweet deal for me!
Brian3527

1 edit

Brian3527

Just one more question. I am currently synced at your 6MB dsl service, an increase in speed would be dependent on my line quality and distance to my CO, correct? 20MB down would be under the most ideal conditions?