spc
Search similar:

uniqs
manriquez323
join:2013-03-24

manriquez323 to dslx_gm

to dslx_gm

Re: Introducing DSL Extreme Fusion Broadband + Phone

Even after working with Level 2 support the highest I was able to get was 1.6 Mbps. Also, the DSL light on my modem frequently starts flashing, meaning I don't have internet.
This is not what I expected from Fusion. I committed to a one year contract. Is there a 30 day guarantee that I can opt to drop the service?
manriquez323

manriquez323 to saticoypm

to saticoypm
said by saticoypm :

I just had the Fusion Service connected and am very disappointed. I used to average 1.2 Mbps download speed on a 1.5 service. After the Fusion service was connected I am now getting a whopping 1.4 Mbps download speed. Pardon the sarcasm, but is this the faster speed I am supposed to be getting with Fusion?

manriquez323

manriquez323 to saticoypm

to saticoypm
Even after working with Level 2 support the highest I was able to get was 1.6 Mbps. Also, the DSL light on my modem frequently starts flashing, meaning I don't have internet.
This is not what I expected from Fusion. I committed to a one year contract. Is there a 30 day guarantee that I can opt to drop the service?

dslx_nick
ISP Employee
join:2011-12-24
Chatsworth, CA

dslx_nick to kenjai7373

ISP Employee

to kenjai7373
said by kenjai7373:

could it be the router problem? in the beginning it always sync above 4500, maximum at 5100. now its max is 4607 during the hours u mention, then drops to 4000 right now.

No, unless you're using a combo modem/router and you're doing something *very* unusual with it. This is something else causing strain on the line, which is why I'm asking about anything else turning on or changing at 7am that stops at 7pm in your area.
dslx_nick

dslx_nick to manriquez323

ISP Employee

to manriquez323
The last time you were working with our Tier 2 support, you had to leave before they were done troubleshooting; you said you'd be available today, so they recommended you should call in when you're available to continue the troubleshooting. One of our Tier 2 techs did try to reach you earlier this morning, but no one picked up unfortunately. I would recommend finishing that troubleshooting first.

You are quite far out, so it's doubtful we'll be able to get you much higher speed than what you're seeing now (the physical distance is simply too great for the higher tones to carry that far), but we should be able to fix the intermittent connection drops at least.

If you do decide to cancel service, then yes, the Fusion service does have a 30-day period during which you can cancel without ETF if you wish.
kenjai7373
join:2013-02-02
El Monte, CA

kenjai7373 to dslx_nick

to dslx_nick
im using the 2wire 2701hg-b combo modem/router and just using the same settings as always. now the max sync is 4096. cant think of the cause for the massive drop in just a week.
E B Mud
join:2008-10-19
Oakland, CA

E B Mud to Goophy629

to Goophy629
Another Oaklander here who would love to be able to sign up for Fusion. SO sick of paying ATT 30+ bucks a month for a barest-of-bare bones phone line that I almost never use, just to be able to have DSLX in the house.
kenjai7373
join:2013-02-02
El Monte, CA

kenjai7373 to dslx_gm

to dslx_gm
been hearing a lot of noise lately on my phone when it rings. is this a hardware or line problem? dl sync max at 4095 now from every jack i use.

dslx_nick
ISP Employee
join:2011-12-24
Chatsworth, CA

dslx_nick

ISP Employee

I'm not sure I quite understand the question. You hear a lot of noise on the phone... when it rings?

Do you mean when you're talking on the phone, you hear noise/static? Or do you mean when you're not on the phone, and the phone rings, the ringer sounds distorted somehow? Or do you mean something else I'm not getting?

I'm not sure what you mean (please clarify), but one thing you can try testing is to see if the noise goes away if you turn off or unplug the modem.
jeffg1998
join:2004-09-16
Santa Clarita, CA

jeffg1998 to dslx_gm

to dslx_gm
Any plans to extend out to Santa Clarita? (Particularly down Bouquet Canyon?) I would love to try this service.