dslx_gm
Premium,VIP
join:2002-12-26
Chatsworth, CA
kudos:17
reply to alphabet2543

Re: Introducing DSL Extreme Fusion Broadband + Phone

Hi alphabet2543 See Profile,

Current DSL Extreme users can check in our Members section at »www.dslextreme.com/members to see if they qualify by selecting the "Modify my Internet" link. We haven't rolled it out to new customers quite yet. That will be coming shortly. Check back in about a week and we would be able to tell you for sure if you qualify.

Thanks
--
George
General Manager
DSL Extreme
Will work for reviews.

orum
Premium
join:2005-03-22
Sunnyvale, CA
When I attempt to do the check at the Members section, I get a message that I will not be able to renew my DSL package nor switch to a month to month package until next fall when my 1 year contract for DSL is up.

So, does this mean (a) Fusion service is not available in my area yet (I know the other provider does offer it here) or (b) I can't switch to Fusion until my contract is up, or both?

dslx_gm
Premium,VIP
Chatsworth, CA
Hi orum See Profile,

We aren't currently offering the service in your specific area. Sorry!

Thanks

Brian3527

join:2002-07-08
Riverside, CA
reply to dslx_gm
Not showing up in my available services. I am in a AT&T area in the greater LA basin, Riverside precisely. Have to assume I am not on one of the 50+ COs? Are there plans to expand the service areas?

zbestwun2001

join:2005-12-08
Van Nuys, CA
reply to dslx_gm
said by dslx_gm:

Hi alphabet2543 See Profile,

Current DSL Extreme users can check in our Members section at »www.dslextreme.com/members to see if they qualify by selecting the "Modify my Internet" link. We haven't rolled it out to new customers quite yet. That will be coming shortly. Check back in about a week and we would be able to tell you for sure if you qualify.

Thanks

I'm ''Good To Go" and waiting to hear the details?
George, just post them here ...just between you and I.

zbestwun2001

Van Nuys, CA
reply to dslx_gm
George,
Will this have WiFi?

Can we port our current VoIP number...I don't think it's possible because this is the line my DSL comes in on?

Also, will the download and upload speeds be faster?

Right now I have 6 down, (5+ really) and 645 up. Will either of them increase?

Looking forward to this.....

dslx_gm
Premium,VIP
Chatsworth, CA
reply to Brian3527
said by Brian3527:

Not showing up in my available services. I am in a AT&T area in the greater LA basin, Riverside precisely. Have to assume I am not on one of the 50+ COs? Are there plans to expand the service areas?

The initial rollout included 50+ contiguous central offices in western Los Angeles County, extending as far south as Long Beach, north as the San Fernando Valley, and including some areas as far east as Arcadia, Montebello, Glendale, and Pasadena.

There are plans to expand into the AT&T central offices further south-east later this year.

Thanks
--
George
General Manager
DSL Extreme
Will work for reviews.

dslx_gm
Premium,VIP
Chatsworth, CA
reply to zbestwun2001
Hi zbestwun2001 See Profile,

Initially we are using the Comtrend 5072T and D-Link 2320B modems with the service which are basic DSL modems without WiFi. As with our standard DSL service clients can connect a router with WiFi capabilities behind the modem to use the connection with WiFi. We are looking at offering a modem down the line that has an integrated router and WiFi but that won't be for a bit.

You will want to port your existing landline number that is tied to your DSL connection first. Processing your order that way will ensure a smoother transition as the connection will run over your existing connected line that is a known good line. After moving over we can try to port your VOIP line and replace the current landline number with the VOIP number. We are able to port all landlines and should be able to do VOIP numbers as well. We aren't able to port mobile numbers to the platform.

Based on your estimated distance which is a little over 5,000 feet you should see an increase in both upload and download speeds. I can't guarantee anything of course but you should see an increase.

We are happy you are as excited as we are. Look forward to having you on the new platform Steve!

Thanks,
GM
--
George
General Manager
DSL Extreme
Will work for reviews.

Brian3527

Riverside, CA
reply to dslx_gm
Awesome! I'll be patiently waiting! I can wait to drop my AT&T METERED landline, that is now up to almost $30 a month. I only have it because I want DSL and can't get a dry loop. This would be a sweet deal for me!

Brian3527

Riverside, CA

1 edit
Just one more question. I am currently synced at your 6MB dsl service, an increase in speed would be dependent on my line quality and distance to my CO, correct? 20MB down would be under the most ideal conditions?

dslx_gm
Premium,VIP
Chatsworth, CA
reply to Brian3527
Hi Brian3527 See Profile,

We have heard from a great deal of people that are in the same position that you are in and have the potential to save a great deal of money on the bundle while at the same time getting a better service including a full featured traditional phone service with all of the extra without the extra costs. Even clients who are further from the central office and won't achieve the higher end speeds are moving over for the sheer fact that they will save a significant amount each month with the bundled service.

You are correct that getting the full 20 Megs is under ideal conditions. We don't cap your line like other providers do so we allow it to sync at the highest rate that it will hold while remaining stable.

Looking forward to having your on board when the platform expands into your area.

Thanks,
GM
--
George
General Manager
DSL Extreme
Will work for reviews.

bbnovice

join:2004-03-17
Sacramento, CA
reply to dslx_gm
George--

Have been thinking of jumping from ATT to DSL Extreme for a couple of years--this Fusion sounds intriguing enough for me to migrate. Will the cost for new customers be the same as for the existing DSLX customers? I am hoping that I fall within the 13 CO's in the NorCal region.

If one migrates back to ATT will one be able to return to traditional DSL and phone or will ATT force one to go the U-verse route?

thank you in advance!

dslx_gm
Premium,VIP
Chatsworth, CA
said by bbnovice:

George--

Have been thinking of jumping from ATT to DSL Extreme for a couple of years--this Fusion sounds intriguing enough for me to migrate. Will the cost for new customers be the same as for the existing DSLX customers? I am hoping that I fall within the 13 CO's in the NorCal region.

If one migrates back to ATT will one be able to return to traditional DSL and phone or will ATT force one to go the U-verse route?

thank you in advance!

We look forward to having you as a DSL Extreme customer! The cost for new customers and existing customers upgrading to Fusion is the same at this time.

Though we are sure you will love it, if you choose to go back to AT&T phone service and traditional DSL you are able to (outside of any contract commitments of course).

Thanks,
GM
--
George
General Manager
DSL Extreme
Will work for reviews.

zbestwun2001

Van Nuys, CA
reply to dslx_gm
Thanks George... sounds great!!

dickmead
Premium
join:1999-08-22
Pasadena, CA
Reviews:
·DSL EXTREME
·Charter

1 edit
reply to dslx_gm
Applied for the change to service last week (have 3m/.5m)
This morning the DSL dropped out for several minutes. When it
came back, I saw this on the connection page:

DSL UP
Connected at 7104 Kbps (downstream)
1024 Kbps (upstream)
Mode Bridge
Modem Information
Modem Name SpeedStream
Model 5100

The stats page now says Data Path is interleaved, rather than fast...

I don't have the new dsl modem yet (hope it will raise the numbers
a bit, but this is a nice bump with the old modem)
I have not checked the phone service yet. I'll wait for some word
since I haven't had any notes or status update regarding my account.
Thanks...
Update: just checked the phone and must be on new service as features work that I never had with ATT. Now waiting for that new modem ;^)

dslx_gm
Premium,VIP
Chatsworth, CA
said by dickmead:

Applied for the change to service last week (have 3m/.5m)
This morning the DSL dropped out for several minutes. When it
came back, I saw this on the connection page:

DSL UP
Connected at 7104 Kbps (downstream)
1024 Kbps (upstream)
Mode Bridge
Modem Information
Modem Name SpeedStream
Model 5100

Glad to hear that the transition went smooth with no downtime! What modem are you currently using?

Thanks
--
George
General Manager
DSL Extreme
Will work for reviews.

dickmead
Premium
Pasadena, CA
old Siemens Speedstream 5100 ADSL modem with
firmware 1.0.0.53

dslx_gm
Premium,VIP
Chatsworth, CA
said by dickmead:

old Siemens Speedstream 5100 ADSL modem with
firmware 1.0.0.53

Thanks. I will have someone follow up with our shipping team on the new modem.

Thanks
--
George
General Manager
DSL Extreme
Will work for reviews.

question

@dslextreme.com
reply to dslx_gm
I am interested in Fusion, but I'm curious how DSL Extreme is affiliated with Sonic.net and what that means to DSL Extreme customers. I never heard of that company and see that it's another ISP. They are using the same name Fusion and offering a similar package. I don't really care if there is a partnership with them as long as service is reliable, but before I lock into an annual contract and rely on a third party providing home phone service, I'd like to know the details about this please. Thank you.

dslx_gm
Premium,VIP
Chatsworth, CA
said by question :

I am interested in Fusion, but I'm curious how DSL Extreme is affiliated with Sonic.net and what that means to DSL Extreme customers. I never heard of that company and see that it's another ISP. They are using the same name Fusion and offering a similar package. I don't really care if there is a partnership with them as long as service is reliable, but before I lock into an annual contract and rely on a third party providing home phone service, I'd like to know the details about this please. Thank you.

DSL Extreme and Sonic Telecom (Sonic.net's, CLEC arm) have partnered on the platform. Sonic Telecom provides the phone service and DSL Extreme is an agent of Sonic Telecom for the phone service. We bundle that and the broadband service together to create the bundled package.
--
George
General Manager
DSL Extreme
Will work for reviews.

Jamez K

@rr.com
reply to dslx_gm
I've called DSL Extreme several times and while the customer service has been nice they've yet to be helpful. I have been without internet for over a month, by choice, because I'm holding out for Fusion. As of today I'm told Monday is a possibility. I'm concerned that when I finally get to the point when Fusion is available to new customers that I'll end up not being eligible. What's the plan with new customers?

dslx_gm
Premium,VIP
Chatsworth, CA
said by Jamez K :

I've called DSL Extreme several times and while the customer service has been nice they've yet to be helpful. I have been without internet for over a month, by choice, because I'm holding out for Fusion. As of today I'm told Monday is a possibility. I'm concerned that when I finally get to the point when Fusion is available to new customers that I'll end up not being eligible. What's the plan with new customers?

We are shooting to be live to new customers by Monday afternoon / Tuesday morning at the latest. Are you in an AT&T area in Southern California?
--
George
General Manager
DSL Extreme
Will work for reviews.

Jamez K

@rr.com
Thanks for the quick reply. I am in an AT&T area. Echo Park, Zipcode 90026.

dslx_gm
Premium,VIP
Chatsworth, CA
said by Jamez K :

Thanks for the quick reply. I am in an AT&T area. Echo Park, Zipcode 90026.

You are within the serviceable area. We will be able to check for sure to see if your specific location qualifies once it is available to new clients early next week. Look forward to having you as a client.

Thanks,
GM
--
George
General Manager
DSL Extreme
Will work for reviews.

dslx_gm
Premium,VIP
Chatsworth, CA
reply to dslx_gm
Enjoy watching the initial circuits come online and the clients that are close to the central office getting close to 20Mbps. Here is a sample client's sync rate.

Download
Speed 19712 kbps
Upload
Speed 1003 kbps

Excited to see the high rate initial uptake from our existing clients converting over. Glad to see they are as excited as we are!
--
George
General Manager
DSL Extreme
Will work for reviews.

dickmead
Premium
Pasadena, CA
Reviews:
·DSL EXTREME
·Charter

1 edit
I should be about 1/2 mile from my CO. I guess the old copper
may have an impact.
I am getting 6450Kbps down/1050Kbps up

Still, that is more than sufficient to stream a couple of videos
while surfing the net.

Thanks

edit: yeah, I overlooked that crows and phone lines probably don't take the same path ;^)

dslx_gm
Premium,VIP
Chatsworth, CA
said by dickmead:

I should be about 1/2 mile from my CO. I guess the old copper
may have an impact.
I am getting 6450Kbps down/1050Kbps up

Still, that is more than sufficient to stream a couple of videos
while surfing the net.

Thanks

Glad to hear it is working well for you. Your distance estimate shows you at about 7500 feet from the central office or about a mile and a half away. Your line readings are below.

Download
Speed 7857 kbps
SNR 6.8 dB
Attenuation 38.5 dB
Upload
Speed 1311 kbps
SNR 6.0 dB
Attenuation 20.8 dB

Looks like you are holding steady at a little less than 8 Megs.

Thanks,
GM
--
George
General Manager
DSL Extreme
Will work for reviews.

Jamez K

@rr.com
reply to dslx_gm
The good news is I'm eligible for Fusion. Unfortunately no one could make it clear to me whether or not I needed a third party (AT&T?) to set up a phone line to make it work? I was told yes & no by different operators.

dslx_nick
Premium,VIP
join:2011-12-24
Chatsworth, CA
kudos:28
Do you already have an existing phone line at the location?

Jamez K

@rr.com
I do not have a phone line as of now.